Have you leveled-up in the Fun Perks Yet?

BoddaH1994

Use this thread to let us all know when you progress from 1 to 4 stars in the Fun Perks program.

I actually made it to level 2 today, and got some new perks including a free funnel cake, or one front of the line pass on Diamondback, a free souvenir cup or another drink wrist band.

I visited 3 days last weekend, bought 2 gluten free pizzas (need to be better advertised/organized...not at any of the LaRosa's...only at that Yeungling Brewery Stand in Festhaus), as well as a normal pizza in Festhaus I believe...and perhaps something else. Not sure.

Anyway, I still have One Star, but I can redeem 2 rewards, and have 7 to choose from: free cotton candy, free popcorn, free ride on Thunder Alley, 15% off total food voucher, one free game play, 50% off a Fast Lane Pass, or a $9.99 Bring-A-Friend Ticket. Not too bad in my opinion, but still not sure how they calculate it...

I've actually been twice, but it didn't count my visit from opening day, so here's where I'm at:

Total visits: 1

Level: One Star

Rewards available: two Free Drink Wristband certificates

I spent about $12.98 at the park when I was there on Wednesday (one burrito and a $5 Sling Shot certificate)

I'll check again after my next visit (probably this Wednesday, depending on the weather) and see if it gives me any additional rewards. I would assume the Sling Shot ticket counts towards Fun Perks rewards, as the ride op asked me if I had Fun Perks before he scanned my pass.

After all these years, we decided before we left the house that we were going to try the Back Yard BBQ. Good Choice....BUT, the girl told us when we bought our tickets at the picnic gate that the FUN PERKS are good everywhere else but the BYBBQ. I paid with credit card x4 and asked for our receipt because I felt she was wrong but still smiled. After our Beast at Night Ride, we went to GUEST SERVICES where the nice gentleman said no, no, no, no, no. You should have gotten a swipe but it has to be done at the POP (Point of Purchase) and they (GC) can't add that on to our account at GUEST SERVICES level. But...he continued, if we'd fill out a Guest Complaint about it, he'd forward it on to Upper MGNT along with a copy of our Gold Pass Number and receipt. So, I will update how they resolved this, if they do and just to say that this isn't the first time we've been denied a swipe for our card within the park. I'm tired of having to explain the program to park employees. I think they need to re-inform employees on this and also ask at the POP for your gold card as that will also help make guests feel important for having one or if they don't, you have an opportunity to make a presentation to purchase one.

Can you buy the drink wristband without the perks?

A: YES!

I bought one today and it's Perfect!! Like, I rode the Flight Deck, and when we got into Coney Mall, I stopped at Skyline and got a drink. I then rode FOF, came out and then went to the Diner and got another one. I think I had 6 drinks today. I love this option!!! I never went thirsty!!!

Purchased a pizza at Soak City and was told they couldnt swipe my gold card,told me to put receipt number on funperks website, this option is NOT AVAILABLE to me!!!! She told everyone in line this! Im so mad cause im sure im losing out big time on rewards(this is not the first time),they told me at the booth they dont take receipts!!!!! You want me to spend money in the park then I WANT MY REWARDS!!! Im going on strike and packing our lunches this week :angry: , im really not mad,just frustrating :wacko:

Purchased a pizza at Soak City and was told they couldnt swipe my gold card,told me to put receipt number on funperks website, this option is NOT AVAILABLE to me!!!! She told everyone in line this! Im so mad cause im sure im losing out big time on rewards(this is not the first time),they told me at the booth they dont take receipts!!!!! You want me to spend money in the park then I WANT MY REWARDS!!! Im going on strike and packing our lunches this week :angry: , im really not mad,just frustrating :wacko:

They told someone on the Facebook page to email them on the website when they didn't get their pass scanned.

Yay, I earned a choice of cotton candy, hot popcorn, or car ride.

I've been one time since they started counting, and purchased things three times. Only at the ice cream shop did an extra paper print out with a receipt. Another time, I'm not sure if they scanned it right, they scanned it after the sale was completed. Maybe I'll get credited for whatever the next person bought? :blink:

I'm interested in helping figure out how the perks work. I just got my pass today, and was thinking about going tomorrow and buying several of the cheapest things they have there to see if it is like the Starbucks reward system; Where number of purchases are tallied instead of dollar amounts. What are some of the cheapest things there, including souvenir shops?

I'm interested in helping figure out how the perks work. I just got my pass today, and was thinking about going tomorrow and buying several of the cheapest things they have there to see if it is like the Starbucks reward system; Where number of purchases are tallied instead of dollar amounts. What are some of the cheapest things there, including souvenir shops?

Side of Skyline cheese is $1.05, there might be cheap candy at Coney Confections, and Convenience Corner might also have some cheaper stuff.

Lots of fairly low priced stuff at the shops, such as the 80's souvenir shop. The small cotton candy wasn't expensive, and I believe there is candy by the pound as well (so buy a piece or two).