Have you leveled-up in the Fun Perks Yet?

BoddaH1994

Ok...I have tried numerous times to register the rest of our cards today. I got mine done (as the primary), but every time I try to add any of the other 4, it keeps telling me I need to create a username and password for them. Sorry, I don't think a 4 year old, 7 year old or 9 year old need an account of their own ....

Any suggestions. I have logged in under my account, clicked where it asks if I want to add passes and fill in the information. But it also has the Username and password and verification of password. It wont go beyond this w/o doing the username and password. If I use mine, it tells me an account already exists...

Also, I have tried to do it on my cell phone using the internet....

Melissa S.

From what I understand, an account is required to register each card. My 6 and 8 year olds have accounts (not that they know it) - but I figured why not, if this system continues, maybe they'll benefit from a longevity standpoint one day.

I think this is a question that would be best answered by a PR Guy (hint hint) and a good, clear explanation of the Perks benefits and how the Tier system works would definitely make PR Guys look good in some peoples eyes who otherwise have less than stellar opinions of PR Guys.

• Like 1

From what I understand, an account is required to register each card. My 6 and 8 year olds have accounts (not that they know it) - but I figured why not, if this system continues, maybe they'll benefit from a longevity standpoint one day.

Unless something changed, which is quite possible, there is no need to have separate accounts. On the other hand, they may get their own rewards if they do. Some straight answers from KI would be most helpful.

Just printed off my vouchers, where is the best place to recieve the free drink wristband from?

Also, how does the free wrist band work? Do you just ask for a soda and show your wristband? What are the best places to get drinks from? Is it only the soda in the paper cups or is it the bottled soda?

You should be able to get the wristband from the FunPerks booth near the front gate between the season pass building and the ticket/lost and found building.

Most (if not all) food stands sell the same drinks, with the exception being Hank's Burrito Shack (due to the Coke Freestyle machines). You order a drink like usual and show them your wristband. It is only for the smaller sized fountain drinks, not for the bottled soda.

In concern to the kids with account names and passwords, it's just to log onto their part of the account and print up their coupon, is it not?

just make up names and passwords that you can remember. The kids won't be logging on, just you.

When I signed up, I put my husband's card with mine. As I am the Monarch of the Printer, I used the first nickname that popped into my head for his account name.

The way it's set up, it could just to make sure that it's only one coupon per person, and as for the group account, it could be to track the types of people that use the coupons, and what kind of customers they are obliging.

Guest KingsIslandPR

I think this is a question that would be best answered by a PR Guy (hint hint) and a good, clear explanation of the Perks benefits and how the Tier system works would definitely make PR Guys look good in some peoples eyes who otherwise have less than stellar opinions of PR Guys.

The way the FUN Perks system works is the more you eat, shop and visit, the more rewards you will earn. It's not a system that anyone on this site will be able to decode. :) After you eat, shop and visit, check your account to see what you've earned.

• Like 3

I have visited the park 3 times this year and is only shows I have visited once.

Well I visited funperks.com today and now it says i have visted twice. :) I have actually been 3 times but the first time was opening day so I dont think that counts. But im glad It counted the extra day. Plus i got offered either a cotton Candy, popcorn or ride on Thunder Alley. Just took a while to update i guess.

Being a computer-controlled system, there has to be an algorithm as to how it calculates rewards. Keep in mind, however, it's also possible that a random number generator is involved in some way, perhaps to determine a multiplier of some sort or even to determine if an action in the park counts toward rewards at all. They are keeping it vague on purpose - it keeps us coming back, in the hopes of getting new rewards. However, I think a predictable system could work too. Speedy Rewards are the reason I almost always go out of my way to go to speedway for my convenience store needs, and that system is very predictable (And very good about giving you lots of points).

I have been 1 time and only bought a souvenir cup... and the perks I have been offered, other than the free wrist band for unlimited drinks for registering your card, are a choice of the cotton candy, popcorn, or a free ride on Thunder Alley.

Now I will say that I returned later in the day to pick up my daughter and because I did not have my original receipt for parking ( they can not use your gold pass twice in one day for free parking, you have to have the receipt from the first entry) I was charged $12. I took that receipt to Information Desk at Main Gate and was given a cash refund for the $12. However, I have no idea if I was awarded any credit for Fun Perks for spending the $12 for parking.

I don't know why they won't post a Rewards Chart like my AMC movie rewards card does. But maybe that's their gimmick..they hope we just keep spending in hopes of getting the rewards.

I have been 1 time and only bought a souvenir cup... and the perks I have been offered, other than the free wrist band for unlimited drinks for registering your card, are a choice of the cotton candy, popcorn, or a free ride on Thunder Alley.

Now I will say that I returned later in the day to pick up my daughter and because I did not have my original receipt for parking ( they can not use your gold pass twice in one day for free parking, you have to have the receipt from the first entry) I was charged $12. I took that receipt to Information Desk at Main Gate and was given a cash refund for the $12. However, I have no idea if I was awarded any credit for Fun Perks for spending the $12 for parking.

I don't know why they won't post a Rewards Chart like my AMC movie rewards card does. But maybe that's their gimmick..they hope we just keep spending in hopes of getting the rewards.

Tickets don't count for FUNPerks AFAIK.

Just checked my FunPerks account and KI has credited ALL 5 VISITS I've made so far this year as of Today! :D Now my only question is: Is it like Speedy Points? If I choose to get a free popcorn, or ride....does my points reset and I start all over and has anyone used their free level one coupon and acheived level two coupons? I have six registered in our family, but I'm the only one who seems to be getting these reward offers. Cindy, my finace' who has five visits also...DOES NOT have any rewards at all.

The way the FUN Perks system works is the more you eat, shop and visit, the more rewards you will earn. It's not a system that anyone on this site will be able to decode. :) After you eat, shop and visit, check your account to see what you've earned.

There are likely elements of randomization involved in the program, however with the customer base here, I'm sure we can generalize it pretty well.

• Like 1

Boddah - there may be nothing random about it, but I doubt anyone will be able to decode the system on this site.

My guess is you would need to know the following for everyone you are tracking to build even a generalization as they could all be parameters in the system:

- Personal Info (age, sex, family size, distance travelled to KI, pass type)

- Visits Info (frequency, arrival time, prior year data also?)

- Spending Info (by visit, number, amount, location, time)

- Perk Redemption Info (usage of, choice of)

I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of, but systems like this can be highly complex and the knowledge/data just isn't there.