Have you leveled-up in the Fun Perks Yet?

BoddaH1994

A friend and I went to the park yesterday for my birthday and the staff were actually very forward about asking for my pass each time I bought something. My last visit several employees hadn't even heard of the program.

I spent about 110 dollars in the park (90 for Fast Lane really makes it add up fast) and I leveled up to Two-Stars and got two instant rewards on receipts.

I got a free cotton candy and game play on receipts and was kind of shocked to see the different number of rewards that popped up on the funperks website when I logged in after I got home.

In the 1-star category, the website says I can pick 2 of the following:

-Fast Lane Pass (50% off)

-Bring A Friend Ticket for $9.99

-Food Voucher - 15% off total

-One Game Play - Free

-Cotton Candy - Free

-Hot buttered popcorn - Free

-Ride on Thunder Alley - Free

And the 2-star perks say I can pick one of the following:

-All day drink wristband - Free

-Front of line pass - One ride

-Souvenir drink cup - Free

-Fresh funnel cake - Free

I love the big choice of things to pick from. The one from the list that confuses me is the front of the line on one ride thing. Anyone on here redeemed that yet?

• Like 1

Someone must have gone back through the data and updated things. I now show 7 visits for me, and 6 for the rest of the family. This includes a few visits pre-registration. It has not, however, changed any star-levels or rewards. I am still 2nd tier and the family is still 1st tier. Since it is usually my pass that gets scanned at the POS, this leads me to assume that the # of visits is irrelevant and all that matters is the money you spend in the park.

Again, the frustration that the rewards only accrue to an account instead of individuals within the same account. We can all share the free popcorn, etc. but how do you share a Bring a Friend discount fairly? The free Thunder Ally ride and similar rides are equally worthless to us because I am the sort of person who will not pay to get in and then pay more for additional rides. I'm a cheap bastige that way.

If Kroger can tell me how many fuel points I have earned, why can't KI share that same info? Knowing how much I'll save on gas is one thing that keeps me going back to that gas station. If I know that I only need 20 more points to earn a second discounted guest ticket, I'll be more likely to buy a burger and fries in order to earn that.

I finally received some offers. They registered my first trip to the park as well. So now the park visits total 4 and I have spent around $100 in the park.

My offer list includes:

-Fast Lane Pass (50% off)

-Bring A Friend Ticket for $9.99

-Food Voucher - 15% off total

-One Game Play - Free

-Cotton Candy - Free

-Hot buttered popcorn - Free

-Ride on Thunder Alley - Free

I am still a level one star.

My GF and I are going to run an experiment with this Funperks thing. I am going to make all purchases with my card, which I have done so far this year (parking included). Her card will only be used for park visits. We will see if she gets any rewards based on the amount of times she visits. (Which I doubt she will receive any rewards, because the program is purely trying to get you to SPEND money in the park not just visit. But its worth a shot.)

I have visited 4 times,and spent 8 dollars on Hank's Burrito shack, 21 dollars on a shirt from Soak City, and 5 dollars on a souvenir cup refill wristband, and I finally got a reward offer for being able to choose a Free Popcorn, Free Cotton Candy, or free ride on Thunder Alley Go Carts

Visit number 8 tonight, and $30-some in LaRosa's. By 11:00 it's noted on FunPerks and I have leveled up to 3 stars. $5 in Beagle Bucks, a $5 merch voucher, free preferred parking or a behind-the-scenes tour of the train. It looks like some goodies were added to level 2 as well, with a $10 discount on next year's Gold Pass adn a 30% discount on a food purchase leading the pack.

Boddah - there may be nothing random about it, but I doubt anyone will be able to decode the system on this site.

My guess is you would need to know the following for everyone you are tracking to build even a generalization as they could all be parameters in the system:

- Personal Info (age, sex, family size, distance travelled to KI, pass type)

- Visits Info (frequency, arrival time, prior year data also?)

- Spending Info (by visit, number, amount, location, time)

- Perk Redemption Info (usage of, choice of)

I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of, but systems like this can be highly complex and the knowledge/data just isn't there.

I'm not sure that there is that much complexity to the system. Seems like I've leveled up with every other visit, but I also buy a meal almost every time I'm there. We'll never be able to truly figure out the dollar amounts without distinct data, but I find it unlikely that demographics hold much water compared to number of visits and per-visit spending habits. I really think we can make a generalization based on the information from these forums.

On that note, I leveled up to 3 Star today. Added perks were:

One time free preferred parking spot

$5 merch voucher

$5 Beagle Bucks

A train tour

With me getting to choose one of the options.

I also got one of those random perks that sometimes print out when you make a purchase for a free game. Now that part of the program, from what I have been told, is in fact random.

I doubt it uses that much info also, I was just trying to point out the potential complexity and avoid the I met the generalization but didn't level up complaint.

By the way, I love the fact that the system gives you options on what perk to choose.

Also, for those that have earned perks, have you used them prior to earning more or does the system let you accumulate multiple Perks without use?

It has registered that I have visited 5 times this year. I am unsure of the amount I have spent and I am still a level 1 star and no rewards available.

The front of the line pass seems like an interesting reward, hopefully the employees will know what to do with them.

The front of the line pass seems like an interesting reward, hopefully the employees will know what to do with them.

I was thinking the same thing about the train tour. I doubt I can print out a certificate and just present myself at the station. Hopefully, it comes with instructions! I wonder if it gets a family in, or just the individual?

I wish there was a little more detail on some of these rewards before your redeemed them. Obviously things like free cotton candy or drink bands are straight forward, but what about:

Free ride on thunder alley. Is that a free rider ($3.00) or a free driver ($6.00) or both? That is something I think my son would love; he's not tall enough to drive them himself, but would enjoy riding along so I'll probably do that either way, but it would be nice to know before hand, especially if I was just looking to go as a single and would pay the $6.00 driver price.

The train thing sound right up our alley as well, if/when I get to that point. Is it a family thing or is it one voucher, one train background tour. Again my 3 year old son would love it, but he can't go on the backstage tour by himself. Would I need to purchase another tour for both of us? What about mom and baby sister who's young enough that she isn't charged admission.

FWIW, I was on my 4th trip to the park and probably had spent less than $60 total when I went up to level 2 last night.

Pretzel & ice cream ($7.00?)

(2) slice of pizza & 2 bread stick combos plus a pop ($15?)

on the 1st trip where I had my card scanned

(2) pretzels last night when I moved up a level according to my reciept, then another $30ish or so in dinner for the family later on after I had moved up a level.

In addition, I also wonder if the park takes into consideration the distance b/w the address the card is registered at and the park. For instance, would they reward the guy who lives in columbus, visits the park 2x a month and spends $50 each time, more than the guy who lives in Mason, visits the park 2x a month and spends $50 each trip? Could the days you typicall visit alter the reward system? Does the guy who comes on wednesday's progress at a different rate than the guy who only visits on saturdays? Could they reward someone who goes and spends money on a crudy weather day more than the guy that is visiting on a "perfect" weather day? There are a lot of variables they could implement into the system such that my $100 and 5 trips to the park isn't viewed the same as someone else's $100 and 5 trips to the park.

Overall, I like the system, I like that I get options of what I want to redeem. I'm interested to see how its tweeked thru the season and over the years.

My boyfriend and I had our first visit to KI today. The funperks website counted our visits correctly. First thing we did was go to the funperks booth to get our 'free unlimited 20 oz. drink wrist bands'. It was wonderful to not have to worry about wasting money on soda. I must have had about 5 drinks. I spent about $4.00 on a chocolate ice cream waffle cone, mostly just to get funperks, frome the ice cream place in Action Zone. They did not ask for my goldpass but I handed it to them and they swiped it and gave me my fun perks reciept. I also spent about $40 on suveniers. I bought a necklace with my name on it. Two mugs for my two sisters with their names on it with pics of KI, and a cute pink pillow pet for my god child. They ask for my gold pass and if I was a member of funperks. When I got home, both of our visits were registered. Still at level one, I had aquired the choice of three perks: Cotton Candy, Popcorn, or Thunder Alley. I'll probably choose the Cotton Candy. You can get popcorn anywhere anytime, and I don't care too much to try thunder alley. I would really just prefer another unlimited drink band though. It is so refreshing.

Also, on a side note that has nothing to do with funperks. My Boyfriend and I played whack-a-mole. He won me a huge, gigantic stuffed Hello Kitty (my fave!!!). It's bigger than my head! I love it so much. And my boyfriend!!! We must have spent about $20.00 but its worth it. They charge $30 for a slightly smaller one in the emporium.

One final note: I used to hate spending money in the park. I would always rather prefer to leave the park to eat, and sneak in my own soda or water in my backpack. But now that we have funperks, I feel like I want, and need, to spend more, more, more! just to get more fun perks. They really do know what they are doing...

FunPerks says I've visited 4 times and I'm still on level one. Although I have not yet advanced to the next level, I did see that some hot dog/Skyline perks (Special Offers that are valid this Saturday and Sunday only) were added. :)

I just saw this also, 15% of Skyline purchase and BOGO on Hotdogs.

BTW --- PR Guy, you might want to have someone double check the FAQ page on funperks, there is contradictory information...Under who is eligible, it states even if you purchase/process a Platinum Pass at another park after your first visit to KI you can use it to earn/redeem Funperk rewards. But under the FAQ that specifically asks about Platinum Passes from another park, the answer is NO, only KI purchased/processed passes work....

For those who have purchases that they believe were missed for purposes of earning points on funperks...under the FAQ there is a question with a link about missed purchases. You just need your receipt.

Now a question I have to ask. I was at the park this evening, and I handed the guy my pass to scan for funperks. I didn't get any type of funperks receipt with it, just a normal receipt. I know he used the barcode reader to scan my pass (ie the little light wand thing)...or are they supposed to swipe the pass. Last time we visited, even though we didn't get an "instant" perk, we did get something to at least say "register at funperks.com"...

Still on level one after a 6th visit to the park (and another $9 purchase - this time a chesseburger basket at Jukebox Diner), but I've now unlocked a few more rewards and can choose from two rewards now instead of one. The additional rewards are 50% off Fast Lane, 15% off total food purchase, bring-a-friend for $9.99 or one free game play.

My sister also got an instant reward for free cotton candy yesterday, though the cashier at Juke Box Diner wasn't quite sure what to do with the receipt at first (JBD takes the receipt that shows what you ordered and gives it to the folks in the kitchen so they know what to make, and crumples up the FunPerks one that prints off... The instant reward receipt almost met the same fate until the cashier looked at it more closely).