Have you leveled-up in the Fun Perks Yet?

BoddaH1994

One of the employees who has been there for years told us they get gold cards just like anybody else.

They do. If they PAY for them like everybody else. Why would they do that? Free admission, parking and employee discounts with the employee card. Paying for a gold pass to get Fun Perks while not getting the discount is not smart.

I don't think she made it up. I do think she meant she gets into the parks and has free parking, just like a gold pass. Most park employees don't like talking about employee discounts. Friends want to use them, which can get the employee fired. Easier to just say "I get gold pass benefits, just like you."

• Like 1

I think the special rewards are cool. There what you get even if you pay nothing. Right now, as 16gwoods mentioned, there is 15% off a skyline purchase offer and a coupon for 1/2 off a hot dog meal. I believe these special rewards can just be redeemed and you have nothing to lose.

Also, for those that have earned perks, have you used them prior to earning more or does the system let you accumulate multiple Perks without use?

It lets you accumulate without using them first. I'm up to Level 2, but have yet to use my free drink wristband that I got for registering (we're waiting for a day when we'll be at the park all day) and I haven't used my "Choose two from free cotton candy, popcorn, Thunder Alley ride, game, 15% off food purchase, $9.99 BAF" but I still got the Level 2 "Choose one from Front of Line pass, drink wristband, etc."

Terp, who despises Autocorrect

Not picking on you, but I find it funny that people blame autocorrect - that only comes into play if you type something wrong to begin with.

Want to blame something, blame the smartphone keypad!

Edit - thanks gator.

• Like 1

Terp, who despises Autocorrect

Not picking on you, but I find it funny that people blame autocorrect - that only comes into play if you type something wrong to begin with.....

Not true. It happens if you type something it doesn't expect. If I type valleyed I NOW get valleyed. At first, it used to change it to Valhalla.

And if I type discombobulation, I now get that (my job uses that word a lot). It used to change it to distribute.

If I respond to a recent post on gingers, it changes it at first to fingers. Sigh.

So why not turn it off? The same keypad of which you type. And my fingers.

I have a question. I'm on Level Two now, so I can choose a total of three rewards. There are two sections.

The first section, I can choose one from all-day drink wristband, front of the line pass, souvenir drink cup, free funnel cake (we'll probably choose the funnel cake!).

The second section, I can choose TWO from 50% off Fast Lane, Bring a Friend 9.99, 15% food voucher, free game play, free cotton candy, free popcorn, free ride on Thunder Alley.

My question is: in the second section, can I get two Bring a Friend for 9.99? Or do I need to choose that one and pick something else.

In case anyone is wondering, this is how I got to level 2:

Family of four (two small kids). Kids and I have been 5 times, Husband 4 times. Three visits we spent nothing.

One visit we bought dinner at the Festhaus - two chicken tender baskets to share, two fruit cups. Also bought one cup of blue ice cream with sprinkles to share.

One visit we bought dinner at Juke Box diner (don't recommend it) - one chicken tender basket, one cheeseburger basket, one hamburger basket, one souvenir cup. Also bought a pretzel that day.

Also have used two of our four free drink wristbands.

So have probably spent about 75-80 dollars.

We now have the kids and I 3 visits each, hubby 2 visits, purchases:

1st visit - cotton candy bucket refill ($2.12)

2nd visit - popcorn bucket refill ($2.12) (need to see if this one even was registered, as I didn't get any sort of printed up slip to even mention go register)

3rd visit - cotton candy bucket refill ($2.12) and cheese & bacon fries ($6.91)

As someone else mentioned have not even used a single one of our 5 drink wrist bands since we are usually only there right now for 3 hours or less...will wait till we do a longer day.

We have gotten nothing as far as I am aware.

I would love to get the $9.99 passes, I have someone who wants to take his daughter, but is a little low on cash, so I am going to use it to help him out.

In regards to being able to redeem the same reward twice... I inquired about that two days ago and got this reply today:

As you begin accumulating rewards they will show up on your Fun Perks account online. You can use them whenever you would like unless they are a limited time coupon with an expiration date. Once you use one reward, it will disappear but the remaining rewards should still appear on the site.

2 fast passes, 1cheesesteak, 1pretzel, 1cup plain potato works fries. All put on my gold pass. Leveled up to 3 stars!

One offer is $20 off 2013 pass, I hope they'll let me use it during the Haunt sale.(if there is one)

This program is amazing!

We have two season passes. Have not managed to be able to link them yet so we try to concentrate our spending on one card. A few meals so far, some candy and ice cream. Maybe $100 spent in the park, and three visits for each card. Neither has leveled, but the card with the spending does have a few new offers including 50% off Fast Lane.

Yesterday's $10+ purchase at Skyline didn't move me to two stars, but it did give me rewards that were not special limited-time offers for the first time. I can choose one from a free cotton candy (which I don't care for), free popcorn (which I also don't particularly care for), or a free ride on Thunder Alley (which is so ****ing slow that I'm not wasting my time there). Looks like I'll wait until I hit two stars and see what comes up then.

From what I've read here and my own experience, I'm guessing $30 in purchases gives you the first reward choice.

I tried to use a 30 percent funperks discount at Soak City on about 40 dollars worth of food.The girl who took it was absolutely clueless.She asked 3 other employees what to do before a supervisor tried to scan my discount,scanner did not take it and he asked if i had already used it,i said no i just printed it this morning and besides if i used it,i wouldnt have it! He couldnt figure it out so he gave me a better discount,which was very nice of him. I guess were all learning as we go! I hope to be at level 4 by the weekend,i will post rewards if i get there. I did some research and i bet he asked if i used my discount before because you can reprint funperks that you havent used yet.So i could have used it somewhere and tried to use a reprint there,i did not do this nor would i ever(and yes i know it wouldnt work),but i did feel stupid standing there with 20 people waiting in line behind us,the food service there is so slow,but thats another subject.