Have you leveled-up in the Fun Perks Yet?

BoddaH1994

This is interesting. I'd also be curious to know what the exact system is for calculating points and offering rewards. I feel like they should have this posted somewhere so we know what the heck we're doing. Is it like so many points per dollar spent like at Subway? Or is it so many points per visits/purchases? These are questions that we'd like to know. If anyone is able to crack this case, please share the info with the rest of us! :D

Well, I think we have figured that around 4 visits and about $80-$100 spent in the park makes it to level 2. I have not seen anyone post anything about going from level 2 to 3 or level 3 to 4.

But I have noticed that under "Special" Rewards, that they are trying to give you discounts so you will spend more money in the park each week. Three weeks ago it was 15% off Skyline and BOGO 50% hot dog meals in Soak City. Last week it was the same plus like 25% of Emporium purchase. This week the BOGO is still there and so is EMPORIUM, but I also have a Free Lucy Keychain with purchase in another store.

So before yesterday, I had spent about $30 to $35 in the park and received the first choice of one-star rewards. Yesterday, I purchased (in order) a meal at Rivertown Junction (~$13), a drink from a Coke Freestyle machine (~$4), a large milkshake (~$6.50), a cheesesteak (~$7.50), and two scoops of ice cream from Graeters (~$5.50), bringing my total for the season to about $65 to $70. It was on the Graeters purchase (the final one for the day) that I was notified that I had leveled up to two stars.

Looking at the rewards, it feels like some of them are misplaced. Of the two-star rewards, I can choose one from a drink wristband ($5 value), a free souvenir cup ($10 value), a free funnel cake (probably about a $5 to $7 value), or a front-of-the-line pass for one ride (not available for purchase, but value estimated by me at $3 to $5 based on the price of a Fast Lane pass). On the other hand, among the one-star rewards are 50% off a Fast Lane pass ($25 to $30 value) and a $9.99 bring-a-friend ticket ($27 value based on regular online adult ticket price) – and I can choose both of those if I want to (which I just might do)

Shouldn't rewards with a higher cash value be placed at a higher level? IMO the 50% off FL and the $9.99 ticket should be at least two-star, if not three-star rewards, just based on their value. I'm not complaining, as I'll definitely use at least the FL discount; I'm just thinking aloud here.

You have to look at the value of the award to both you AND Kings Island. Free funnel cake and front of line passes have no value to them. Bring a friend and 50% off a fast pass brings in at least some revenue to the park - and based upon your spending history, likely significantly more.

You have to look at the value of the award to both you AND Kings Island. Free funnel cake and front of line passes have no value to them. Bring a friend and 50% off a fast pass brings in at least some revenue to the park - and based upon your spending history, likely significantly more.

True. I was considering whether to buy FL for a day again this year, and being offered the discount made that decision. And the bring-a-friend ticket may be used to bring my dad, who's interested in coming to the park for a day but won't pay regular ticket prices because he finds them too expensive for someone like him that won't ride any of the rides.

I was personally waiting for the $9.99 friend pass. I have someone could use it, as he plans on bringing a group of people to the park, and he does a lot for others in his own way, so I decide I would use the discounted tickets to at least help him. So, he will be spending a lot of other money in the park as well....so as a level 1 reward, it is going to entice you to bring others...who then hear of all the perks...and then might purchase a pass of their own!!!

I got home from the park tonight and checked my funperks account. I have no new reward offers. I normally wouldn't mind this but I bought:

All-day drink wristband ($5)

La Rosa's Pizza ($23)

XL Slice and Breadsticks ($8)

Ice Cream ($10)

Cinnabon ($6)

Gift Shop ($20)

Total: $72

I was in a group and personally only spent $10. I feel that something isn't right here. Maybe I am wrong but it seems that I should at least have new offers. Should I ask GR? I know that they scanned my pass because my visit is in and I got an instant reward (free Thunder Alley ride). Sorry to complain, I am just a little concerned.

I am sure they are going to have some rewards for 4th of July. I am also sure that since it has been operating for about 1-2 months between soft and hard opening, that they are probably read to roll out tweeks.

I just hope that those who already have rewards do not loose what we already have and not used.

Ok, I'm not absolutely positive but I think we have gone backwards on our star level. I was pretty sure that after my wifes second visit where she had spent a good amount of money on food with a whole pizza and drinks and snacks, she had advanced to level two. Today when I checked it because I thought she had a bring a friend perk available she was now at a level one star again even though we have not used any yet. I was just wondering if anyone else here had this happen or maybe I was wrong about her leveling up.

Ok, I'm not absolutely positive but I think we have gone backwards on our star level. I was pretty sure that after my wifes second visit where she had spent a good amount of money on food with a whole pizza and drinks and snacks, she had advanced to level two. Today when I checked it because I thought she had a bring a friend perk available she was now at a level one star again even though we have not used any yet. I was just wondering if anyone else here had this happen or maybe I was wrong about her leveling up.

I swore the same thing happened to me. I was at a 3 star (much earlier than I would have expected), but with no additional rewards above 2 star status. I checked back a few weeks later and was back at 2 star. I figured perhaps I was just imagining the 3 star status, I had no way to prove it as I had thrown away the reciept that said I was 3 star, so didn't give it much tought. Interesting that someone else things the same thing.

My Wife and I have gone 5 Time's and spent around 55 Dollars and we are know level 2

Are each of you level two or just one of you? Even though I have reached level 2, the rest of my family is only level 1.

Both but we have spent around 55 each we alternate days.......I cant wait to see what level 3 has.

• 1 month later...

I wonder how many instant rewards end up in a cashiers pocket? I make sure to ask for all my receipts,most of the time they dont even offer them to me,so be sure to get your receipts people!

I was at the Coney Mall candy store and she seemed a bit upset I asked for my receipt. She had a huge tape full of receipts coming from her register. After handing me mine, she scanned through the entire thing of them before throwing them away.

• 2 weeks later...