Have you leveled-up in the Fun Perks Yet?

BoddaH1994

The marketing strategy of the fun perks is to get you, the season pass holder, to spend more while in the park. As a reward, they will give you the perks, the greater the spending, the greater the perk. Also as with grocery stores and other retail outlets that offer some sort of a reward program is to use your personal information, minus your name, in tracking your buying habits.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Then why would he proceed to say that with 10 visits, you will level up to 2? He did say it was complex, and I don't doubt that, but he DID give us a direct answer, and I'll take that.

I have never made that statement regarding FUN Perks.

• Like 1

<_< Meh. Someone did, and I recall it like it was yesterday. Whatever.

I'll just make posts that use nobody from this site as a reference, because I guess everyone's unreliable as sources.

The Terms of Service require you name your source if you claim the park has confirmed this or that. Don is VERY careful with his statements. His job and integruty depend on it. To imply he is unreliable is really neither wise nor a good thing.

You might be recalling the following post from the "new fun perks feature" thread.

This was based, iirc, on someone being 50% there with 5 visits and no spending, but others replied saying they were over 10 visits and not at level 2.

I just logged in and noticed it looks totally different.

Come to find out, you can click on Activity and it tells you how close you are to the next reward level.

If you are not spending money in the park, it is going to take about 10 visits to get to Level 2.

• Like 3

You might be recalling the following post from the "new fun perks feature" thread.

This was based, iirc, on someone being 50% there with 5 visits and no spending, but others replied saying they were over 10 visits and not at level 2.

I just logged in and noticed it looks totally different.

Come to find out, you can click on Activity and it tells you how close you are to the next reward level.

If you are not spending money in the park, it is going to take about 10 visits to get to Level 2.

Right...I'm at 13 visits, I have spent many nickels in the park, and am 72.10% to level 2.

Methinks this Funperks is a sham...but, better than a sharp stick in the eye.

• Like 2

The park themselves said that with 10 visits, you will level up to level 2.

The park itself has, through its official spokesperson, said the program is not that simple.

I was the one who thought it would take 10 visits, because my kids have 5 visits and were at 50% each, with no money spent. I was wrong...

• Like 1

FWIW, my wife has made 8 visits, no money spent on her card, she's at 50%. My son has made 9 visits, no money spent, he's at 50%.

I noticed that when i went from 2 to 3, I did it on a day I used a free drink wrist band, and spent roughly $3.70ish the couple of hours I was in the park before the rain came. I went from level 2 to level 3, 50% of my way towards level 4. Seemingly, 50% is just a starting point so people feel that they're pretty close at the start of the next level to moving up.

I'm the only one in the household that has spent any money on my pass. I have 7 visits, am 61.67% to the 3 star level and have redeemed my drink wristband. My husband has 2 visits and is 25% to the 2-star level. One of the kids has 6 visits, the other has 7 visits and has also redeemed his wristband, and they are both at 50% to the 2-star level.

Not sure if that helps anyone, but there it is.

FWIW, my wife has made 8 visits, no money spent on her card, she's at 50%. My son has made 9 visits, no money spent, he's at 50%.

I noticed that when i went from 2 to 3, I did it on a day I used a free drink wrist band, and spent roughly $3.70ish the couple of hours I was in the park before the rain came. I went from level 2 to level 3, 50% of my way towards level 4. Seemingly, 50% is just a starting point so people feel that they're pretty close at the start of the next level to moving up.

I think you are right because I got to level 3 last sunday and I only spent $10 in the park, but I am somehow at 50.00% exactly moving towards a 4 star. So I do think the program starts you out at 50% starting at level 3 (atleast that had been my experience so far) to give you the perceived notion that you are closer to the tagert than you really are. Thus making you spend more in the park... CF and those sneaky tricks... tisk tisk

• Like 1

^^^^

Perhaps, but I've also moved relatively quickly thru level 3 despite spending little.

I've made 2 visits to the park, bought a small popcorn ($3.50ish) on one trip, bought a large icee on my other trip ($3.50ish) and I'm at 64.xx% to level 4.

I think you move pretty quickly thru the level 3 status based upon my 14% move and having spent little during that time. Probably won't be back until the fall, hopefully once w/ the kid and once w/o the kids and we'll see if we can get to 4 star status before then.

I've found that it is not as easy to move through level three as the other levels were. I also didn't start at 50% towards any of the next levels, but have found that my percent towards level 4 goes up a higher amount for each visit than for each dollar.

Maybe for each level, 50% is earned from how much you spend, and 50% is earned through how many times you visit.

Suppose we need x number of visits to level up each time, and those that have visited more than enough times on each level will carry over to the next. So if you have visited enough times to make it through level 3 on the visit half before you get through level 2, you will already be at 50% of getting through level 3.

I just checked, and I am 45.52% to the Four Star Level, and that is with spending more money each visit than I did on the lower levels. (I bought a train and a trinket on this level, and other wise only food.)

I think you are right because I got to level 3 last sunday and I only spent $10 in the park, but I am somehow at 50.00% exactly moving towards a 4 star. So I do think the program starts you out at 50% starting at level 3 (atleast that had been my experience so far) to give you the perceived notion that you are closer to the tagert than you really are. Thus making you spend more in the park... CF and those sneaky tricks... tisk tisk

Not so, I moved Monday from Level 2 to Level 3. I am at 1.25% of the way to level 4.

Based upon what I am seeing, I would GUESS that 50% of each level is based upon visits and the other 50% is based upon money spent. When I went into the park on Monday I was at 85.5%. After my visit logged, without spending money, I was at 98%. That was also my 8th visit for the season. I am sure that if we would put purchases on the kids cards, that once they reach Level 2, they would be 37.5% for the two boys and 50% for my daughter, away from being Level 3.

I think to get from Level 3 to Level 4, you will need about 12 visits in the park. Spending wise..no clue. If I remember correctly from some previous threads, it was about $80 for Level 1, I think we have spent about $160 to $200 (total), so I would say about $250-$300 (total) at least.

^^^^

Perhaps, but I've also moved relatively quickly thru level 3 despite spending little.

I've made 2 visits to the park, bought a small popcorn ($3.50ish) on one trip, bought a large icee on my other trip ($3.50ish) and I'm at 64.xx% to level 4.

I think you move pretty quickly thru the level 3 status based upon my 14% move and having spent little during that time. Probably won't be back until the fall, hopefully once w/ the kid and once w/o the kids and we'll see if we can get to 4 star status before then.

Medford - What is your total visit count? I am thinking, based upon my last two visits, that visits are about 12.5% of each level per visit.

• 1 month later...

Only one Fast Lane pass, But we both leveled on the same day so we both had one, also I don,t wanna say that i'm 100 sure on this but the lady at the fun perks(Not the dippin dots guy...lol) said that with each level their are two sets of rewards. So far after getting level 4 we have had 5 visits spent at least 100 a piece on each Gold Pass and still no new rewards.

Also we where told that if we wanted to level faster make sure you use your rewards...Not sure if that actually helps but couldn't hurt.

Edited by Vortexfreak

^^^^

Medford - What is your total visit count? I am thinking, based upon my last two visits, that visits are about 12.5% of each level per visit.

Sorry for the long delay, didn't see the question until today. I've made 10 visits on the season.