New KI app available in the next week

BoddaH1994

I don't notice any real differences from the old app, other than the map has GPS. The layout is shown with north on top though, and I am used to the top being east. If I try turning my phone around, the map flips itself around too.

I hope there are more features that just haven't been added yet.

Not available yet in Google Play Store (I still think "Android Market" sounded better...). I still have the old app on my phone, but didn't use it much last year in the interest of conserving battery life on my phone (I check-in to every ride on Foursquare and use a notepad app to keep track of what I ride). I am planning to buy a portable cell phone charger soon so I'll probably use it more this year.

Not available yet in Google Play Store (I still think "Android Market" sounded better...). I still have the old app on my phone, but didn't use it much last year in the interest of conserving battery life on my phone (I check-in to every ride on Foursquare and use a notepad app to keep track of what I ride). I am planning to buy a portable cell phone charger soon so I'll probably use it more this year.

I have to ask about the last part, does the charger, charge like the iphone case it slips on the back and charges it that way, or what?

Do people really have much luck using data at KI? The last two trips I have taken (late last year and early this year), data service was basically nonexistaant with AT&T. Of course that happens many other places with AT&T, so no real surprise there.

FWIW both days were very busy at the park, 1-2 hour waits for the major rides, but still I was surprised to have no data whatsoever for most of the day.

While at KI on Saturday afternoon, I couldn't even send a text message from my TracFone that runs on the AT&T network.

I'm glad to know that at least I'm not alone. Anyone know if Verizon's service is any better, or does that large of a crowd just overload all of the carriers?

I have to ask about the last part, does the charger, charge like the iphone case it slips on the back and charges it that way, or what?

Most of them just connect to the device via a standard USB cable. If you're curious, search Amazon for "portable USB charger".

I do have had connectivity issues with my data on my iPhone inside of Kings Island.

When will we see Kings Island start to implement free WiFi hotspots? Most restaurants nowadays have some sort of free WiFi, and even Holiday World has free WiFi hotspots.

Do people REALLY need wifi that bad in the park? I dont know about you guys, but I barely even use my phone at all in the park. I'm there to enjoy the rides, and hang out with the people I am there with. Not there to check facebook or check the news while I'm in the park :lol:

I have had little problems with my Verizon iPhone. I have heard lots of complaints about AT&T in the park. I heard over the weekend that they have added a temporary tower in the maintenance area by the picnic grove, but not sure who's network that is.

AT&T service is poor in park - especially on busier days. As for the need for the phone, it's mostly about calling/texting the family to help with reconnecting after splitting up for different height requirement rides in my instance.

• Like 1

Most of them just connect to the device via a standard USB cable. If you're curious, search Amazon for "portable USB charger".

My original post didn't make sense to me, :mellow: let me explain a little more, do you use it as you walk because I was curious do you have to leave it in the car plugged up, I know mine does and I was just curious :D

My original post didn't make sense to me, :mellow: let me explain a little more, do you use it as you walk because I was curious do you have to leave it in the car plugged up, I know mine does and I was just curious :D

The portable chargers can be used as you walk. Most of them are small enough to stick in your pocket.