$180 for Platinum Renewal?

corn4ahead

To me, Internet fees and "processing fees" are a low blow and absolutely a way to nickel and dime visitors. The worst instance of I've ever seen of that was the folks selling 3D glasses in line for Disaster Transport. Truly criminal. I also think it's awful to sell them on Boo Blasters (when rides with actual, impressive, high-definition 3D effects do not), but it was deceptive to sell them in line for Disaster Transport. That's worse than an Internet fee, but not by much.

Either way you look at it, it could be worse. People at Disneyland would be ecstatic if their unlimited-visit, free-parking pass only went up $14. Theirs went up $150.

• Like 1

Since I couldn't find time to drive down to KD to renew in person (still ticked about all that) I wasn't able to renew.

Maybe I should go read those happy thoughts about the improvements this year cuz I'm not happy about the pass thing! Actually, I expect the pass problems of the past to remain there after this year. Oh the stories we have of season and platinum pass problems!

Kings Dominion is in their own universe as far as Platinum passes go. They're the ONLY park in the chain where I've had issues with the passes consistently. Every time we go to that park it's the same routine; present pass for parking, pass denied, shell out the money to park, visit Guest Relations for parking refund and admission tickets (which may or may not have Michigan's Adventure written on the ticket!). I ranted about this a couple of years ago, the Interpreter has mentioned issues with their processes on more than one occasion and yet it's still an issue at this park. Meow.

Negative, not this year anyway. The only time I've had issues at Carowinds was for Intimidator's opening day in 2010, but every other visit (four total) has been without incident.

So far this year I've been to the following parks in the chain (in order): Knotts, Carowinds, Worlds of Fun, Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Dorney and Cedar Point. Knotts and Kings Dominion were the only parks at which we've had issues. The Knotts issue was forgivable because it was very early this year. Kings Dominion, on the other hand, has been an issue every single visit. It doesn't matter if I've had a card from previous seasons that I've renewed or obtained a "current" year pass, it has always resulted in a visit to Guest Relations.