Cedar Point's Wave Swinger taken down

(If this topic has already been discussed elsewhere, please let me know - I searched and couldn't find anything about this - just want to be sure!)

Apparently Cedar Point's WaveSwinger is being taken down. According to Screamscape, http://www.screamsca...cedar_point.htm:

"(5/21/12) Over the past several days, several readers have sent in pictures showing off the Wave Swinger at Cedar Point being taken apart piece by piece over the past week, with the first photo taken on May 15th and the last on May 18th. The ride is still listed on the park’s website, but it seems odd to take it apart at the start of the season, rather than be trying to put it back together. Anyone know more about what's going on?"

There are a few pictures of the ride being taken down. Very strange. Glad I got to ride it on opening day - I love(ed?) that ride! First WildCat, now WaveSwinger? Strange...

If it's gone for good, that's a real shame. It was a beautiful ride and was perfectly placed in the park. It added a lot to the kinetic energy of Frontier Town and looked fantastic at night.

Let's also hope that classic Wave Swingers aren't going to now be considered "obsolete," expendable wastes of prime real estate at parks where WindSeekers have moved in...

• Like 1

(If this topic has already been discussed elsewhere, please let me know - I searched and couldn't find anything about this - just want to be sure!)

Apparently Cedar Point's WaveSwinger is being taken down. According to Screamscape, http://www.screamsca...cedar_point.htm:

"(5/21/12) Over the past several days, several readers have sent in pictures showing off the Wave Swinger at Cedar Point being taken apart piece by piece over the past week, with the first photo taken on May 15th and the last on May 18th. The ride is still listed on the park’s website, but it seems odd to take it apart at the start of the season, rather than be trying to put it back together. Anyone know more about what's going on?"

There are a few pictures of the ride being taken down. Very strange. Glad I got to ride it on opening day - I love(ed?) that ride! First WildCat, now WaveSwinger? Strange...

Most stuff on Screamscape anymore is just rumors. Most people don't know that most, if all of the spinning rides need taken apart to work on them. They are not like roller coasters. Roller coasters have different parts in different places. I can see them moving Wave Swinger to a different place at CP like they did with the Ferris Wheel and Ocean Motion.