Over night

I wish at one point yes, but you know how some people are. They would go and stroll the park, and they could destroy something. The main point is, as a fan yes, as a straight minded business man, no.

Aside from the unreasonable amount of money the park would have to spend in order to run these rides for that length of time (labor), there's also the issue of noise ordinance. Nearby residents can hear hints of the park's background sound if it isn't shut off at a reasonable hour (I say reasonable because it depends on the attendance.) This is the reason why concerts, fireworks displays, etc. for the most part must end before 11PM.

If you figure in the next day's operation, the park would be open for about 37 straight hours (taking into consideration ERT on the first day starting at 9:00am and a 10:00pm close the following day)...again assuming you pick a time of the year when the park is open the next day.

I wish at one point yes, but you know how some people are. They would go and stroll the park, and they could destroy something. The main point is, as a fan yes, as a straight minded business man, no.

I completely agree from the business perspective. The additional labor cost alone would not make it worth it, plus you start getting into labor laws where certain age groups can't work after certain times. Keep in mind all of the cleaning of the midways/pathways is done over night therefore you wouldn't have the ability to "rinse" the pathways for close to 48 hours and risk your paths becoming a sticky mess.

I think this would be a great idea.

For like $50

Offer specific rides for certain hours.

Offer pizza during a break in the action.

I think this could be a cost effective way to pull this off.

As far as the people in the houses around:

The part is already open till 1AM in Sept and Oct. So what is considered a reasonable hour?

When you move into a home that is within shouting distance of an amusement park I would think there is some expectation of noise at odd hours.

Take into consideration the employees that will have to work if they were to be open 24 hours. We have lives outside of the park and by working that shift would disrupt us big time. It would cost Kings Island in labor costs and don't forget they employ a lot of minors. I just do not see Kings Island doing this due to all of the costs involved.

...not to mention the old grad nights worked so well....not.

Oh yes, grand nights.....I worked the very first grad night and had a good time listening to Kenny Rodgers, even talked to him in the back areas and got his autograph. But you would see lots of sights that would tend to be mature rated. But when I worked at the local Holiday Inn, it was nothing but under age kids crowding into rooms and drinking and causing lots of trouble. I would walk with deputies and forced them all to pour all their beer down the sink. This is what they did while going to the all night event. It just got to be too much of a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be good just one night a year as an Upcharge. Only so many tickets. and only small controllable sections of the park running at a time. Not every employee would need to work on this night as it would not the manor of standard hours. Rather an example unlimited rides on Votex and WindSeeker from 12AM - 1AM Then move to the next set of rides for an hour or however long is set for the area. This can be done with minimal staffing as I am sure there is a few people in the park with enough knowledge to run pretty much every ride in the park.

Now this is just a brainstorm idea and yes it would need tweeking.

• 4 weeks later...

It did not work when the park had Grad Nights. Major problem would be with minors that work for the park and being in compliance with state labor laws. Also, what parent would permit their son daughter to either work that night or allow them as guests during that all night event? I know lots of adults that will not work an all night even like this.