King Cobra Removed from Auction Site

Dane

i can only hope this masterpiece, and historical ride has found a new home... however with parts and maintnence becoming a real hassle for these togo standup coasters, we may just have to face the fact that the cobra is no more...

i hope for the best, but fear the worst! :cowboy:

• 2 weeks later...

I think that they are just scrapping the ride because no one wants to buy it. There are only 7 other TOGO stand-ups operating (of course there were only 8 built) but I really don't see another park ever buying one of them. I think that if we ever see the stand-up craze come back, the new ones will probably be made by B&M or maybe Intamin making another stab at it.

I don't really see PKI bringing it back. Who knows, maybe it will go to another Paramout park, but I really don't see that happening at all. The only thing I really see is them melting it down and making a new coaster from it.

I agree. Any park that would have to stoop so low as to buy such an old used coaster wouldn't be able to refurbish it. My money is on the track becoming a Hyundai.

I hope that they at least recycle the metal and make something useful out of it instead of it sitting around somewhere rusting to nothing like so many other coasters.

I think it would be cool if in the next few years, PKI tried to start up the stand-up craze again by bringing in a brand new B&M stand-up named the Cobra's Revenge or the Cobra's Return. That would be kind of neat, but anyways...

Well I don't see it going anywhere except the scrap yard.I never had the chance to ride it but I'm hoping to make it to PKD next summer to ride theirs.I feel for you guys that were attached to the ride We had the same type of situation here in Pittsburgh with Kennywood when they anounced they were removing the Steel Phantom.They had web sites "save the phantom" but it didnt help I was heart broken when I watched them cut it down and haul it out in the back of a dump truck. Although they kept part of the ride its still not the same.Look at Busch Gardens when they tried for 2 years to sell Drachen Fire ($400,000.00Very cheap for a full circuit arrow looper) and nobody bought it and they scraped it.So i'm guessing the market for used steel coasters aint all that good.

Just a little side note. Don't count on riding Shockwave next year because no one is sure about it staying. I have heard that it will be coming out very soon but I think it won't be until after next season. I think that when they rip it down it will see the same fate as King Cobra, the scrap yard. A same but at least it's not a well loved coaster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah that definitely isn't even a possibility. A nice thought if you liked KC though. But a couple things. There is no faster loading train for a Togo stand-up and it just wouldn't make sense for PKI to take the time and money to remove the coaster just to put it back up. If they want another stand-up, just go buy a B&M stand-up and name it the Cobra's Revenge ;)