Funperks Question

khaoskat

We are about to renew our passes, but before I do, I want to make sure Platinum Passes with Kings Island as the home park are eligible for the Funperks program and benefits.

I have believe I have seen people mention that they are platinum holders and are using it, but want to make sure before going and buying our passes.

I believe only Kings Island Platinum Pass holders are eligible for Fun Perks, as Kings Island is the only park currently doing Fun Perks.

I have a gold pass, and i have funperks.....

Thanks. Our home part is King's Island and we usually get Platinum Passes, and do a trip or two per year to Cedar Point.

Ok..probably another stupid question. Since we wont renew till we go down, is there a way to register the card down there, or can I put in my Season Pass numbers now from our cards (from last year)?

Also, if we are a family and register five cards (yes, 5...) will the points accumulate from all cards on one fun perks account, or on each individual card (this way we know if we are better off using one specific card for all purchases or if it really matters)?

Ok..probably another stupid question. Since we wont renew till we go down, is there a way to register the card down there, or can I put in my Season Pass numbers now from our cards (from last year)?

I believe you can just register when you get back home. My understanding (which I do not guarantee is right) is that points will accumulate even if the card is unregistered, you just need to register to redeem for rewards. I invite others who know more to correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Also, if we are a family and register five cards (yes, 5...) will the points accumulate from all cards on one fun perks account, or on each individual card (this way we know if we are better off using one specific card for all purchases or if it really matters)?

Once you register one card and log in with it, go to "Manage Account" --> "Add a Season Passholder", and you can then add the other cards to the same account.

We also have 5 passes and so far each card seems to accrue it's own points and awards. All 5 cards are on one account. The free all-day-drinks reward for signing up was unique to each card, and today there is a special Memorial Day reward (Soak City Burger Basket only $5.99) that is also unique per card.

I registered our cards a week or two after our first visit and only trips since then seem to be tracked. The visit prior to registration has not been counted.

Yes - Platinum Passes with KI as the home park work (can personally vouch for that). They had a booth in Soak City where they were signing up folks and passing out the wristband if you wanted to redeem, just last weekend. I do not know if they had one of those up front or not. You can also sign up with your pass using your smartphone, if one is available. ;-P

They had a booth in Soak City where they were signing up folks and passing out the wristband if you wanted to redeem, just last weekend. I do not know if they had one of those up front or not.

As of yesterday, there was a FUN Perks table outside the main gate between the ticket sales/pass processing building and the group sales building.

Yes - Platinum Passes with KI as the home park work (can personally vouch for that). They had a booth in Soak City where they were signing up folks and passing out the wristband if you wanted to redeem, just last weekend. I do not know if they had one of those up front or not. You can also sign up with your pass using your smartphone, if one is available. ;-P

Hopefully, Flash isn't required, like it is to buy tickets/passes (a very dumb thing, Mac).

Thanks. I have a smartphone, but am not very good at using it for more than a regular old fashioned what they call BRU cell phone (text, video messaging, VCAST, making phone calls)....

I will try to register the cards when we renew, if we do it at the park on my phone, if not we may try to do the installment plan and renew on-line and will register at home.

I am not worried about the wrist bands for the first visit, it will be too hot this weekend to do more than drink water for our family.

Hopefully, Flash isn't required, like it is to buy tickets/passes (a very dumb thing, Mac).

The only flash on the site is the informational video.

I have a platinum passes that were processed last June at Canadas Wonderland and renewed for this season back in October at Cedar Point. I received an email from Kings Island about the Fun Perks and registered my passes and printed my free drink vouchers. So, when I show up in July, it will not be honored? :(

I thought when I typed in the numbers of the passes that it would say that they were not valid, but it accepted them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a platinum passes that were processed last June at Canadas Wonderland and renewed for this season back in October at Cedar Point... So, when I show up in July, it will not be honored? :(

My platinum pass was made at Cedar Point, and I have been able to fully use the program without issues.

From this link off the Kings Island: website http://www.visitking...perks-tips-help

FAQ: Who can participate in the Fun Perks program?

All 2012 Kings Island Season Passholders - Regular, Gold and Platinum. Platinum Passholders who purchased and had a photo ID card made at another park can participate after their first visit to Kings Island in the 2012 season.

I have a platinum passes that were processed last June at Canadas Wonderland and renewed for this season back in October at Cedar Point... So, when I show up in July, it will not be honored? :(

My platinum pass was made at Cedar Point, and I have been able to fully use the program without issues.

From this link off the Kings Island: website http://www.visitking...perks-tips-help

FAQ: Who can participate in the Fun Perks program?

All 2012 Kings Island Season Passholders - Regular, Gold and Platinum. Platinum Passholders who purchased and had a photo ID card made at another park can participate after their first visit to Kings Island in the 2012 season.

From that same page:

FAQ: Are Platinum Season Passes purchased at other Cedar Fair parks valid for the FUN Perks program?

At this time, only Season Passes processed at Kings Island are valid for enrollment into the FUN Perks program.

So which is right?

Consistency in the Platinum Pass program is not a strong point at Cedar Fair.

They must have a special place in their hearts for you Terp. We used our Platinum Pass (issued at KI) at KD this week, just to see if it would open the season pass parking (which is actually close to the gate, similar to Carowinds). It did (! - sorry KD).