It's time for KI to get a new front gate!

Shaggy

Once upon a time, there was a season pass entrance, to the left of the main gate. It fell into disuse.

It would be great if they started using that entrance again for Gold and Platinum.

It would certainly be less of a cluster fudge than the current ERT cattle gates.

Get to the park 15 minutes after ERT has started, then you have to swim through the regular pass holders and day pass holders. However, it does give you a sense of power walking past all those people just standing there! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Once upon a time, there was a season pass entrance, to the left of the main gate. It fell into disuse.

It would be great if they started using that entrance again for Gold and Platinum.

It would certainly be less of a cluster fudge than the current ERT cattle gates.

Get to the park 15 minutes after ERT has started, then you have to swim through the regular pass holders and day pass holders. However, it does give you a sense of power walking past all those people just standing there! :ph34r:

Some people get VERY angry when you have to do that. Had a guy grab my arm to ask how all these people were going to Diamondback early, when I told him you have to have a Gold or Platinum pass he started yelling at his wife saying I told you there was a difference. I just slowing started walking away.

• Like 2

Don't forget the restaurant upstairs from the entrance. The entrance has nothing wrong with it. It backs up International Street more than a modern entrance. It would make more sense to have a separate entrance for pass holders and have more turnstiles open for the ticket holders.

Way back when there was a separate entrance and season pass holders had to enter through that gate....problem was regular ticket holders had to go through the main entrance. In order for my sister and I (pass holders) to take my nieces (ticket holders) into the park we had to do a kid swap.....one of use went through the passholder entrance back to main ticketing and dropped off the girls....then the other had to go through the passholder entrance to meet up.....10 minute entry time to get everyone together.

• Like 5

Possibly, but is it a priority?

Off the top of my head I'd like to see the following before anything other than maintenance is done to the gate:

Bathrooms in X Base

Replacing cheap blacktop walkways with pavers

Doing something about wheel eating potholes in the parking lot

• Like 6

Fair enough but it would be nice to have such of a lovely entrance to greet the guests as they come it, the thing about the gate right now is that it is kind of like Disney, emphasizes on kind of, but when you standing there you can't really see much other than Drop Tower an Invertigo, it kind of hides everything else and builds everything up even more.

But if they could maybe spruce it up a bit like this rendering or even this one, I would definitely approve, I actually don't think it would cost all that much and it would really be a big step towards reviving the park to the former glory.

I know that Action Zone is going to be redone with new pavers for Banshee. It will look new and redone and very exciting. As for new front gate. I agree to have a season only ERT entrance and parking toll season pass lane. That would make it a better benefit if they would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and a final decision for the old crypt building would be nice before I'd like the entrance to be redone.

What final decision? The decision has been made, I believe Don has posted several times.

A "final" decision in a way that would utilize the buildings full space or something that would allow for the huge building not to sit there for the regular season unused to the regular public.

That kind of final decision. I understand what Don has said, and it's fine, I'm not a complete idiot.. But, that is all I meant by "final"; one that doesn't give the information that a past ride was there.

Also, I know you didn't call me an idiot.

• Like 1

Crypt building is huge and much more obvious. SOB station, too, I hope will be utilized in the near future, but it is tucked away much more so than the crypt building.

The rest of your points are things that aren't as obvious to the normal eye.

Action Theater, I believe is now half used for the Dinosaurs 3D movie.

• Like 1