what was the rotor like?

stashua123

ive heard numerous stories from my dad about the rotor and said that you would be stuck to the wall and the the floor would srop and it spin ya round and round and he said he rode it 6 or 7 times in a row and saw someone fall off :o

so ive been wanting to ask how was YOUR ride on the rotor?

Guest KingsIslandPR

It was one of my rides. Always felt like I was going to slide down the wall as it was rotating but never did.

It was one of my rides. Always felt like I was going to slide down the wall as it was rotating but never did.

If Worlds of Fun ever gets rid of theirs, can we pull a Demon Drop and save it from the dumpster? :P Kings Island: We Recycle!

CedarPointer, kidding... or not... ;)

• Like 1

Round. Round. Round. Round.

Stop.

11 year old next to you pukes.

Restroom. Water. Push soap. Scrub. Air dryer.

Rinse. Repeat.

At Great Advencha, they had a hose at the top of the barrel. If someone puked midride, they sprayed the riders. Then it was like a spray rinse during the spin cycle. They had theirs up til about six or seven years ago.

First rode The Rotor with my dad at Six Flags Over Georgia when I was about 8. I remember being led into the ride area and just standing against the wall with no idea what was going to happen. Imagine my chagrin when we started to spin faster and faster and faster and my ultimate shock when that floor dropped. I loved that ride-it was such a rush.

I loved the one at Geauga Lake. My sister was able to turn herself upside down in it, that was a sight. Another humorus antedote, one time some on brought a bag of cotton candy on, after the cycle it was flat as a pancake.

Wow... I'd love to see something like that (in reference to your sister turning herself upside down).

LOVED the Rotor! (Although, as I've gotten older I've become much less tolerant of spinning rides, so I wonder if I could even ride it today).

As a child, it was one of the first "big" rides I was able to go on. The sensations were amazing and you were literally plastered to the walls of the ride unable to move. I remember riding it with my older brother and his girlfriend and laughing hysterically. I have fond memories of it being extremely fun...of course, I also have fond memories of the "FUNtastic World of Hanna-Barbera" being one of the most beautiful things I ever saw too, so maybe take that memory with a grain of salt :)

CP had one back in the day....

Actually - I think CP had 2 - different ones in different locations at different time periods.

It;s kinda like a barium enema - mind over matter - and you can make yourself sick (if you wanted to) just watching it, as you could from the top as you waited in line for your turn to ride.