What some people do on rides

BB1

@Rotag --- your post about seeing your car made me remember the first time I rode Gemini at CP with my son. We did actually see our car and pointed it out to each other....*ahh* how I miss that van, 1000 lashings with a wet noodle to the lady who totaled it on me.

A few years back me and my family went down to disney world and this was actually the most hilarious thing I have seen on the water. I was on one of the fairies on the lagoon, going to the MK, when the most facinating thing was sitting there. A man and a woman stuck in mid drift because of his gear shift (being the case stated by a water security man) being moved too quickly, the thing was dead weight. The man said he was stuck there for 5 minutes, it was funnier when it happened than what it is being said.

• 2 weeks later...

This wasn't actually on the ride, but when we were next to get on Flight of Fear a couple weeks back, my buddy yelled at the person (a complete stranger) in the train that was about to blast off.

He was like, "Hey! Before you go, I have to tell you something important about the..." and then they shot off.

I was cracking up. They'll never know the important news. Reminded me a bit of Back to the Future when Marty tries to tell Doc about the future.

• Like 3

Getting the entire beast train singing john jacob jingleheimer schmidt through out the entire ride.

(its only been done once in my presence :D )

during holiwood nights 2011, some guy was singing the spongebob squarepants theme song & got the whole entire gathering of scarecrow scrambler riders to sing along. come to think about it, that same guy did the same thing for bert the conqueror shoot when bert was @ holiday world.

That happened this year at the Voyage during HWN as well... Haha must be the same guy!

Well a few days ago, on The Racer, a guy pretended his seat was a horse and slapped the side of it, yelling "Let's go baby, get it up this hill, you can do it!" Oh yeah, that train lost too. :P

Maybe I'll have to remember that for Coasting for Kids next year. Including the part about losing, because the CFK train tends to lose most of the time.

This wasn't done ON the ride, but in the loading station. The first year Son of Beast open, my friend and I were waiting in the horribly long line. We got up close enough to where you could see the loading station. We saw this guy (he had a friend with him) roll up the exit ramp in a wheel chair. Of course he got special treatment and didn't have to wait in line. When it came time for him to get in the train, he stood up out of his wheel chair, folding it up, rolled it off to the side and walked over to the train and sat down. He didn't even need the wheel chair! He just wanted to ride the Son of Beast without waiting in line. I think every person waiting in line boo'd at this guy, and his friend, as they took their seats on the train. What a loser!

This wasn't done ON the ride, but in the loading station. The first year Son of Beast open, my friend and I were waiting in the horribly long line. We got up close enough to where you could see the loading station. We saw this guy (he had a friend with him) roll up the exit ramp in a wheel chair. Of course he got special treatment and didn't have to wait in line. When it came time for him to get in the train, he stood up out of his wheel chair, folding it up, rolled it off to the side and walked over to the train and sat down. He didn't even need the wheel chair! He just wanted to ride the Son of Beast without waiting in line. I think every person waiting in line boo'd at this guy, and his friend, as they took their seats on the train. What a loser!

Which does NOT mean he was not disabled. My mother died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. She could walk...about 15 feet. After which she was completely exhausted and out of breath.

Assuming someone is as able as most of the rest of us based on appearances is at best ignorant (which means not knowing) and at worst a sign of arrogance. Not all disabilities can be seen. Perhaps the man in question WAS a faker, but there is a very good chance he was not.

• Like 4

Which does NOT mean he was not disabled. My mother died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. She could walk...about 15 feet. After which she was completely exhausted and out of breath.

Assuming someone is as able as most of the rest of us based on appearances is at best ignorant (which means not knowing) and at worst a sign of arrogance. Not all disabilities can be seen. Perhaps the man in question WAS a faker, but there is a very good chance he was not.

Ok, so even if this guy had some kind of disease that prevented him from walking 15 feet, what's he doing on Son of Beast? It seems like if he had some kind of non-visible disease that would make him unable to walk, it would be kind of risky to ride a ride as intense as Son of Beast.

I swear, if I see one more kid on The Beast or DB waving his smelly shirt in my face, I will grab it and throw it off the train. Anyway, I think the plastic sword fight between the Gemini trains is a nice addition to a decades long tradition of high fiving the neighboring train.

Ok, so even if this guy had some kind of disease that prevented him from walking 15 feet, what's he doing on Son of Beast? It seems like if he had some kind of non-visible disease that would make him unable to walk, it would be kind of risky to ride a ride as intense as Son of Beast.

Sigh. Years ago, the attitude was "They are crippled, they need to stay home and do nothing until they die."

The Americans with Disabilities Act requires that places of public accommodation make reasonable accomodations for the differently abled. That one cannot walk a certain distance does not mean that one is not necessarily able to safely enjoy Son of Beast (if, indeed, anyone can).

It is a violation of the law to inquire as to the nature of a patron's disability, too, unless EVERY patron is so asked.

Sigh. Years ago, the attitude was "They are crippled, they need to stay home and do nothing until they die."

The Americans with Disabilities Act requires that places of public accommodation make reasonable accomodations for the differently abled. That one cannot walk a certain distance does not mean that one is not necessarily able to safely enjoy Son of Beast (if, indeed, anyone can).

It is a violation of the law to inquire as to the nature of a patron's disability, too, unless EVERY patron is so asked.

I didn't say that crippled/handicapped people should stay home at all. All I said was if this person had a serious disease, such as a heart related disease that might've prohibited him from walking, that it might be kind of dangerous for him to get on something as intense as the Son of Beast. Especially since most coasters have signs that say not to get on if you have heart conditions.

When I was riding The Beast last year for ERT, two girls in front of me were screaming really loud going up the lift. When we went down the first drop a bunch of change flew back at me and when I got off the ride a guy came up to me and said, "Sorry if any coins hit you, but those girls were really annoying." I couldn't stop laughing.

I once was that guy on The Beast Yelling that my grandma could go up the hill faster. I had the whole train in tears It was quite funny actually. When we hit the second hill I said this was a blistering pace in 1979. I'm sure a lot of you hate that person on rides but that was the only time I had done it and haven't since but it was quite funny.

• 5 weeks later...