Do you think you could survive w/out PKI?

Derek

Well, there is always the less crowded, less thrilling Coney Island. Although the pay there sucks when compared to PKI. If PKI never existed, then nobody would miss it. However, if it closed suddenly and never reopened, I would miss it for years to come. I have been going to the park since I was six months old, so I have many, many memories at the park, and am making new ones each time I go.

I couldn't live without it, I loved that place since I first came to cincinnati in 1993. It was my childhood dream to work at such a wonderful and happy place. Without it, I'd probably be working at McDonalds now. and I'd probably be 60 lbs heavier, because I get my unintentional workout over at Duhlee.

Thinking about it, if PKI never opened , then Coney would have continued to grow, and could very well have been the premier cincinnati park......or americana

Doubt it -- the reason why the closed the park was because of the floods more or less destroying the park every few years. I've seen a video on the history of Coney Island. It was totally amazing... talk about the park that will not die. They showed the footage of the last day that Coney was opened. They had a big fireworks display and then at the end, lit up a sign that said "See you at Kings Island in '72!" Then it showed PKI's first day in operation.... totally amazing. They had full fledge marching bands with baton (sp?) and the whole works all the way down I-Street. Probably thousands of them.

Before I worked here I would have said definatly because I have never been able to afford a season pass, and I only remember the one time I came to the park I broke my hand on beast. But since I have been hired here, I love the park and I love my job. It's the only job I have ever had in my short 17 year life, were I wake up in the morning with a smile on my face and say "I get to go to work today". I definatly dont think I could life without this wonderful place. So thank you for this wonderful oppurtunity whoever gave it to me ( his name was chad... the guy that interviewed me) you have made my life better.

• 2 weeks later...
It would take me a LONG time to get over it. I would just releive my grief by watching Return Of The King Widescreen.

Did you really have to say widescreen and make us all feel bad about our 15" TVs? tongue.gif I think I could live without PKI really easy. There's plenty of other things to do and plenty of other amusement parks to visit.

Yep, yes... I think I could survive without PKI, since the four basic needs are are food, water, shelter, and space. I'd still have all four of those without PKI, so yeah, I guess I could.

It might be hard finding a source of income that pays as well as PKI if it did not exist, but that's a shame that I'll never really know how hard it will be to find a new job since PKI does exist. Awww.....

Yep, yes... I think I could survive without PKI, since the four basic needs are are food, water, shelter, and space. I'd still have all four of those without PKI, so yeah, I guess I could.

It might be hard finding a source of income that pays as well as PKI if it did not exist, but that's a shame that I'll never really know how hard it will be to find a new job since PKI does exist. Awww.....

You forgot smurfberry ice cream. That is a food class of its own.

Wow there's a ton more places that pay better than PKI.