Valleyfair and Mall of America TR 5/25!

Ok, so my family and I headed to MN for our annual family reunion. We got to MN at around 7 in the morning after driving through the night. They all decided to take a nap so I figured that I would get good use out of my platinum pass and go to Valleyfair about 20 minutes away from our hotel.

I got to the park right at opening and headed straight to Wild Thing. Front seat was surprisingly great! It was such a smooth ride and there was a really great pop of air off every hill. The forces on the helix was very good and I feel that it is very underrated. I give it an 8/10

Then I walked briskly to renegade. Rode in the second to back after a walk on. It was good but left me expecting a bit more from a GCI. I decided to ride again since there was no line and walked right on to the very front seat. WOW, what a difference. Airtime off every hill and turn and a pretty cool first drop. 9/10

Then I rode the other coasters which arent as noteworthy but still very good. I would give Corkscrew a 6/10 but it was smoother than CP's. I would say Excalibur was about a 6.5/10 it was fun but it was just really short. Then High Roller about a 6/10 and Mad mouse was pretty rough for a wild mouse so 5/10.

I also rode riptide just to compare it to TR/Crypt and wow. This is the kind of ride we really should have! It was a blast! Flip after flip after flip and I got soaked! lol lots of fun 8/10.

On my way out, I rode Wild Thing in the back and had another great ride and then rode Renegade once more in the middle. It was about noon at this time and I had ridden everything I wanted to (Steel Venom was down all day). The park started to get crowded. So i headed back to the hotel. I was pretty happy with the amount of rides I got in.

Once I got back to the hotel, my mother and sister were ready to go to the mall so we headed over there. We grabbed lunch at Bubba Gumps then did a little shopping. After shopping we decided we were going to get the unlimited ride wristbands which were $30. However, if we waited until 5pm, they were only $20 so we decided we would come back. In the meantime, we went on the high ropes course and had a blast!!!

It was about 5pm now so we went and got our wristbands and headed for Spongebob's Rock Bottom Plunge. First hill is fantastic and its just so cool seeing the entire park from the top of the hill. The ride itself is awesome but the harnesses dig into my shoulders a bit (I'm 6'2") but it really didnt take away from the experience. Great ride. 8/10

Then we went on the new Shell Shocked ride. This was probably one of the coolest rides I have been on. You can make the ride want you want it to be. If you want to flip upside down over and over, you can. If you want to go with the motions, you can. It,s a more extreme version of the Flying Eagles. FANTASTIC! 10/10

Then there was Brain Surge. This is another interactive ride. I love this one just as much as Shell Shocked. Same idea, but instead of going in the around in the air, you just go around in circles. There's a lever that controls if you flip forward and backward. Such a fun ride. I think I made it flip like 30 times. lol 10/10

Avatar is also awesome. It's an Intamin Half Pipe and it is just a blast. 8/10

Pepsi Orange streak is a good nostalgic coaster and goes around the entire park. It's pretty lame but good still 6/10

Then there was Log Chute (formally Paul Bunyan's Log Chute). Really fun log ride. 7/10

Gerstlauer

We also rode Fairly Odd Coaster which is a Gerstlauer spinning coaster and is a lot of fun, especially since we got stuff on the last MCBR for about 10 minutes. Good view from up there. The ride was actually close for quite a good time after we got off so we rode it at just the right time. 7/10.

Overall, great day for me. Got a lot of coasters in and hopefully I will be able to go back to Nick U tomorrow for round 2!

Thanks for reading! Any questions or comments will be appreciated!

• Like 1

Great report!

We also rode Fairly Odd Coaster which is a Gerstlauer spinning coaster and is a lot of fun, especially since we got stuff on the last MCBR for about 10 minutes.

Did you get evacuated, or were they able to bring you back around to the station?

Great report!

We also rode Fairly Odd Coaster which is a Gerstlauer spinning coaster and is a lot of fun, especially since we got stuff on the last MCBR for about 10 minutes.

Did you get evacuated, or were they able to bring you back around to the station?

Well, the mechanic came up and told us they were working on it and then as he was walking down the staircase, we moved again. Like I said, the ride was making empty test runs the rest of the time we were there so I don't know if it opened the rest of the night.