Trip Report 5/21-5/22

Jdub2012

So my first ever trip to KI was not exactly what i expected. Not terrible, but I left with a bad taste in my mouth. First thing, for a Monday and Tuesday in May it was rather crowded, Tuesday more so than Monday, but then again there were bus loads of kids there both days. Also, it could be just me coming from my home park of Holiday World and Weekdays in May there, you can walk on to every ride all day long, so having to wait 30-45+ for all major rides kind of threw me. First off let me say I am not hating, i loved all the rides at KI, FOF and Firehawk were my faves, but here is thing that bugs me. When the park opens all the rides are not even open! And then through out the day others just randomly close, i understand rides are machines and things will happen, but when it happens multiple times both days that when you walk up to a ride they say sorry this is closed right now, it gets kind of maddening. And then to top it all off, DB had a long line all day so i waited to ride it then after it "stormed" even though all it did was rain for an hour not thunder or lightening at all, DB was down the rest of day Monday and ALL day Tuesday, so didnt get to ride it at all, that was a big let down. Not to mention WindSeeker was still not up either days. It just really bugs me that you pay all that money ($12 to Park, $53/Ticket, $4/drink) and the marquee attractions are closed and throughout the day you walk a mile to have someone standing at the entrance to the ride say that it is closed at this time. Anyway would i go back to KI, yes i would but only with a Fast Lane pass, because i hear the crowds are horrible in the summer time and that when we were there they were slow days.

Anyone think that since Cedar Fair introduced the easy pay plan for Season Passes this year, that maybe they are alot more Season Pass holders this year? I couldn't beleive how packed the water park was for the Gold/Platinium Pass preview. And with The Beach Waterpark being closed this year, I think this will be a Record year for KI.

I'm not for sure, but I believe the 21st and 22nd were Math and Science Days. We went to KI on a Math and Science Day a couple of years ago, and it was packed with bus loads of school kids.

I believe the economy is helping KI from both sides. Some have rebounded and are buying passes or tickets,some are still hurting and cant afford to travel so its a better investment to purchase passes and stay close to home.We never bought passes before,this years been slow so we decided on a Kings Island summer.My kids are having so much fun i will probably buy passes again next year even if work picks up.

The website said that the math and science days were the week before because we had planned to go that week but changed it because of the math and science days...a lot of the kids had graduation t shirts on so I guess they were end of year school trips...I was just shocked at how busy it was...but the crowds aren't what I had a problem with its the way the park operates as I stated in my original post