The Royal Fountain

Derek

The fountains are basiclly treated as a huge swimming pool. The International Bandstand is basically it's poolhouse roof. They add water to it like my pool at home, just a much larger garden hose.

Not all of the water attractions get purified water. I am farily certain that White Water Canyon`s water is not city treated water. (Water that is treated by the City of Cincinnati`s Water Works division.) I believe that WWC`s water comes from a creek that they dam up. Or, they use city water and store it in a man made lake, which gets muddy, and they don`t treat the water like they do on the Wild Thornberrys.

Yeah, I seem to remember hearing that some of WWC`s water comes from the parking lot. I guess it makes sense that they have to treat the water. It just doesn`t look like they treat it because it is dirty with all the mud from when they store it in the lake when the pumps are not turned on.

Wow, never knew that. I guess it is just the location in which they store the water. On Thornberrys they store the water in a concret lined pool. For White Water Canyon, they store it in a man made lake, which makes the water muddy, and hence appear murky and dirty.

No, it wouldn`t. It is just kind of gross to get wet with muddy water and then walk around the rest of the day with clothes that have been drenched in stinky water. Although when the temperatures are as high as they were this past weekend, people are certainly more than willing to ride WWC dirty water or not.

Not all of the water attractions get purified water. I am farily certain that White Water Canyon`s water is not city treated water. (Water that is treated by the City of Cincinnati`s Water Works division.) I believe that WWC`s water comes from a creek that they dam up. Or, they use city water and store it in a man made lake, which gets muddy, and they don`t treat the water like they do on the Wild Thornberrys.

I am fairly certain that all of the water in the wet attractions is treated in some way. For example, if WWC wasn't treated, then all of the runoff from the land, which would include animal feces would all just be sitting there. On some days, that would be still water. This would be a bacteria haven. It would be a good way to get hepatitus or cholera. Ever gotten creek water on a bleeding cut and not had the chance to wash it off? More than likely it got infected. Fortunately, the human body (when healthy) has a heck of an immune system, but results could be deadly in a worse case scenario.

Basically what I'm saying is that if it's not chlorinated (or treated in some way) it's probably tested daily to make sure that there isn't some kind of bacterial infestation. I'd put my money on that it's treated with chemicals, though.

I'm pretty sure that every ride in the park that deals with water, has treated water. It wouldn't be completely safe if it wasn't treated. The park probably treats the water themselves or checks the chlorine levels everyday.

I agree w/ BoddaH1994

The water for WWC and pretty much all the water rides are from a combination of City of Mason water, and Water from the PKI Aquifer (yes, PKI has an aquifer). Part of the reason that Crocodile Dundees Boomerang Bay was soo expensive, is PKI has their own filtration system. The system was installed in the pump houses on site back in the 70's, but they upgraded to totally computer controlled systems this year with the expense of Boomerang Bay. Almost 70% of all the water in PKI comes from these pump houses which are a mixture of the Aquifer and City of Mason water. Believe it or not, Mason accually uses PKI water sometimes during the summer if the table gets low.

Hope this helps

m@ilman

I think that PKI gets some of its water from the city of Cincinnati`s Water Works Division. I know that a while back this was in the news that they might not be able to get the necessary water from Water Works, however, they did get the extra water. Now, the park may use some City of Mason water, but I know they also use Water Works water. Also, I know that they have to treat all the water, but the water on WWC does not APPEAR that it is treated simply because it is murky, dirty water.