Best Memorial Day experience

thunderbeast1968

Back around 1990, Friends and I all piled into my car for fun at Kings Island. It was a Monday and Memorial Day weekend.

About 20 miles from the park (I have a 3 hour drive) My car broke down. I had little idea of what to do. Cell phones were not the norm for anyone and I had no idea of how we were gonna get to Kings Island.

We were a few hundred yards from a highway exit ramp, so I left my friends to the car, so I could possibly find a pay phone.

I phoned Kings Island, told them my situation, then asked, "What should I do?"

They transferred me to a manager of some sort. He asked "What highway exit ramp was I near?" I told him and he said " Stay right there, he knew where I was" . He personally came and got me and my friends.

By then, I noticed a state trooper pulling into the closed gas station parking lot (He had noticed my stranded car, and came to get me) I told the trooper that I had talked to KI, and they were on their way. He even waited until the Kings Island manager arrived. I told him thanks for the help.

When we arrived at Kings Island, the supervisor(manager) took me into his office. Gave me a note pad and pen, plus his phone to use. We called a nearby hotel, to book a room for the night, since repair garages were generally closed on the holiday. This generous employee told me he would call a wrecker service to tow my vehicle to a Toyota dealership, since that is what I owned. He also told me not to worry and to go enjoy the park for the day. I was instructed to meet with the Head of security after the park closed, so one of his men could take us to our hotel. The security guard dropped us off at the hotel

(He walked into the lobby with me to make sure that I was checked in and we were ok) Tuesday we waited for my water pump to be fixed, then we proceeded to go back home.

The employees that I encountered went way above the call of duty, and helped a stranger out.

From the gentleman who came to pick us up, to the security guard that made sure we go into our hotel room, we were helped in every way of customer service that could of been done.

Several days later, I wrote a Thank-you letter to the staff, I was very grateful for their help and friendliness.

That is why I think the experience will never be forgotten, by the very helpful and friendly Kings Island staff.

• Like 3

A few years ago, I was Christmas shopping near the beginning of December, when I had a flat while traveling on the highway. I limped my car off the road. A man, who didn't look like he had a dime to his name, pulled over and got a floor jack out (which sped up my tire changing) he let me use it.

I thanked him and asked him if I could give him a few dollars. He proceeded to tell me that I was to do a good deed for someone else, and that would be his payment. I thanked him and told him "There are still descent people left in the world, and God bless you." There are a few good ones left out there.

A few years ago, I was Christmas shopping near the beginning of December, when I had a flat while traveling on the highway. I limped my car off the road. A man, who didn't look like he had a dime to his name, pulled over and got a floor jack out (which sped up my tire changing) he let me use it.

I thanked him and asked him if I could give him a few dollars. He proceeded to tell me that I was to do a good deed for someone else, and that would be his payment. I thanked him and told him "There are still descent people left in the world, and God bless you." There are a few good ones left out there.

That would be called paying it forward :)

That would be called paying it forward :)

I know. That was one nice man. Do you know, if we all did this, wouldn't the world be a much better place?