New sign construction

Shman

Today they started construction for the new markee out in front of the park. The cocstruction trailer and crane arrived on property and are set up by the sign location. I have been told that the sign should be complete in the next 3 weeks or so. I have also heard that they got approval for a bigger sign and this one will stand near 80 feet.

wink.gif Yes so that means that they are about to start building something big right? I can't wait and it must be a coaster because if they are starting this early it must be really big please let be a Giga!!!1

hey genius.........new sign thread.........NOT COASTER.

once a moron newb.......always.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Wow these newbes have got to learn how to read.......I know that my post could not have been that confusing. blink.gif

and for another update the construction trailer that I saw out there yesterday is no longer there....so I think that it may be a movable office/truck that they bring to the site. But the crane is still there along with what appears to be a stack of materials.

Sheesh. Its not like the topic title says only "New Construction." It is quite evident by the title of this thread that it deals with the construction of the new sign to replace the one that was lost to a storm last September. It will be interesting to see the design of the new sign. I for one am looking forward to once again visiting the park and seeing the sign. Its just not the same pulling into the parking lot without the sign there.

I'm sure the new sign will look awesome. I'll be at the park next week on the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th. It probably won't be finished by then.. guess I'll see it in July when I come back. Or maybe if someone could post pics that would be great.

I've been a newbie for over a year now. I just never reply to these things, but read them all the time. I do agree... people have got to read these things more carefully and maybe have a little bit of common sense.

• 3 weeks later...

I would assume that the concrete has cured by now. Additionally, the wet weather shouldn`t have that much of an impact on how fast it cures. Once the top is solid, it is pretty much an internal process. My hunch would be that they are waiting for the arrival of the actual sign parts to start construction.

• 4 weeks later...

Tomorrow, Tue. July 13th the park will be releasing an artist renedering in the Media Center of pki.com. I have to recommend that everyone go see it. The sign is going to be very nice and the drawing is very well done. I has a touch of the old sign as well as the look of the famous Paramount Studio Gates in Hollywood.

I'm not to fond of this Marquee myself. It's nice that we're still going to Hollywood up the park, but in my opinion it looks like crap. This is taking the Hollywood theme a bit too far. What is the park going to do in the long run when they decide to drop the whole Hollywood motif? They should have went for something that fit the park's personality, not Paramount's. dry.gif

~S~

... What is the park going to do in the long run when they decide to drop the whole Hollywood motif? They should have went for something that fit the park's personality, not Paramount's....

When if ever, is the park going to drop the whole "Hollywood Motif"? Probably never. I mean, they are owned by Paramount, so their chance of ever dropping the hollywood style theming is miniscule, unless Paramount went bankrupt or something, which probably has the same odds as a snowballs chance in hell.

Not to mention you say you don't like it, yet you've never seen it. That is an artists rendering. I can almost guarantee the texture and the dynamics of the sign is going to be incredible, not to mention the lighting will be cool. There's only so much one can do and I'm sure their goal is to get the sign looking right in real life, not on the computer. Perhaps that's why you're not in the sign business, or the graphic design business.