Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing

I know that Cedar Point is the roller coaster central but they don't need a new coaster. Places like Valley Fair, Michigan's Adventure and Worlds of Fun need more coasters.

Check this fact out: Cedar Point hasn't gotten a new coaster since 2007 (Maverick). Valley Fair got a kids' coaster last year, but it's been 2007 for them too. Michigan's Adventure got a coaster in 2008 (Thunderhawk). And Worlds of Fun got one in 2009 (Prowler)!

As a Cedar Point guy, I will say that it feels like forever since there has been a new ride. I know, STR is newish, and I'm glad they are making all of these cosmetic upgrades, but it feels like forever. This may also be because of the coaster-every-other-year deal I grew up with... I am excited :)

I know that Cedar Point is the roller coaster central but they don't need a new coaster. Places like Valley Fair, Michigan's Adventure and Worlds of Fun need more coasters.

Check this fact out: Cedar Point hasn't gotten a new coaster since 2007 (Maverick). Valley Fair got a kids' coaster last year, but it's been 2007 for them too. Michigan's Adventure got a coaster in 2008 (Thunderhawk). And Worlds of Fun got one in 2009 (Prowler)!

Not to mention that, at least at Michigan's Adventure, the biggest draw is clearly not the roller coasters. It's the waterpark. Before Thunderhawk, the last coaster additions were a wild mouse and a steel kiddie coaster in 1999--if the park needed coasters to survive, I think they'd have gotten another sooner than 2008.

You know every Cedar Park has received a roller coaster since 2007 besides California's Great America which is also getting one in 2013. No one should be complaining that Cedar Point is getting all the coasters, Cedar Fair gave ever park in the chain a roller coaster since Maverick opened. Some parks have even received two coasters since 2007, Carowinds, Kings Island, Dorney Park, Canada's Wonderland and Valleyfair.

Michigan's Adventure does not need a roller coaster. That park is profitable for the water park side, not the ride side. There would be no purpose to adding a new coaster to Michigan's Adventure. Some people could argue that Cedar Point is the most due park for a roller coaster. Cedar Point needs new attractions and roller coasters to keep the attendance because it's a destination park. Michigan's Adventure on the other hand, is a regional park and doesn't need roller coasters every 5 years to keep the attendance.

Removing two family-friendly coasters and an observation tower in one season seems to be odd for a company that has said it's placing more emphasis on families...

I honestly don't believe WC was up for a 2012 removal.

Wild Cat was going to be removed at the end of this season. They must of found something major wrong with it for them to take it out when they did. They had the ride ops and everything ready to go.

Watching out for false clues and inversions.... 0 7 91 97 21 2

0- could mean zero g roll

7- for number of inversions

91- this number while watching out for inversions could be 19 as in 19stories tall

97- this number could also be inverted as in 79mph

21- inverted could be 12 passengers per side

2- number of sides (2 sides on a wingcoaster of course)

• Like 2

This one has everybody stumped.

^^Their was most likely nothing major wrong with Wildcat that forced them to take it out. It was due to the cramping of the new Luminosity midway. (Which looks awful, BTW)

I definately agree with you. The new Luminosity stage looks so awful, it looks like Paramount installed it!

This one has everybody stumped.

^^Their was most likely nothing major wrong with Wildcat that forced them to take it out. It was due to the cramping of the new Luminosity midway. (Which looks awful, BTW)

I definately agree with you. The new Luminosity stage looks so awful, it looks like Paramount installed it!

It looks to me like a giant useless pile of steel bars that chased away Wildcat. :)