Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing

A key hole element is a theming element where you feel like you will hit the obstacle you are flying through. A good example of one is in X-Flight at Six Flags Great America. You feel like you are going to hit the lighthouse you fly through. I think it is a very fun element, to add to an already exciting ride.

• Like 1

A key hole element is a theming element where you feel like you will hit the obstacle you are flying through. A good example of one is in X-Flight at Six Flags Great America. You feel like you are going to hit the lighthouse you fly through. I think it is a very fun element, to add to an already exciting ride.

It's an air traffic control tower :)

• Like 1

:o OH MY GOD. If that's the actual layout, that thing looks intense! It will probably be the best wing coaster of the three (soon to be 4). I like the name Gatekeeper now. But oh my God! I like how the zero-G roll goes over the front gate with the keyhole elements.

Looks to be a great coaster! Can't wait to try it out!

I keep thinking of Griffon every time I see the logo.

Anyway, the double keyhole element over the entrance gate pretty much nails the reasoning behind the name Gatekeeper. And the layout isn't half bad. Still, I think Cedar Point is gonna get beat six ways to Sunday by SDC's Outlaw Run.

• Like 2

WOW. That ride looks simply incredible...well, looks like I had better start planning that first-ever CP trip, no? ;)

Love the double keyhole elements, and this ride's inversions look crazy. And it looks pretty big, too...granted, at Cedar Point, 170 feet isn't that big anymore since they have Magnum XL-200, Wicked Twister, Millennium Force, and TTD. This ride looks to have the size of Wild Eagle @ Dollywood, a great location, and the keyhole elements...wait, am I getting Deja Vu? Six Flags Great America builds a new prototype ride...then Cedar Point comes along and one-ups it...can you guess which SFGam and CP rides I'm thinking of here?

Looks like CP is getting another world-class coaster- as if they needed another great steel coaster, this makes it six now! However, I'm still waiting on that wooden coaster...but where (if anywhere) could they put that now that this will use the area by the beach I had in mind for the woodie?

Oh yeah...they could put it at that one park in Mason, Ohio they own that's losing a massive wooden coaster this year... :P

PS: In case you didn't get it, I was talking about SFGam's Batman The Ride, and CP's Raptor, which one-upped Batman...now it is happening again with X-Flight and Gatekeeper!

Double PS: Oh, as cool as this is...Outlaw Run at S.D.C. still looks more interesting, as it is a first-of-its-kind wooden coaster (doube barrel rolls, steep drops, etc...) and Gatekeeper is more of an "expansion" of what Wild Eagle & X-Flight and the other wing coasters have already done. 2013 in coasters is already looking good...now let's just hope the world doesn't end this offseason... :wacko:

Why does every ride have to have El Toro's airtime or Dragster's intensity to be worth riding? Was Wild Eagle the most exciting thing ever built? No. But it had a great first drop, great location, was extremely reride-able, and was just plain fun. Isn't having fun the whole point? I don't think many people would say that CP got worse with this addition.

• Like 9