Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing

WOW! I am very excited for the ride! The layout looks great, and the name fits with the ride very well. I hope to be at the park for opening day, as I've been excited for a new roller coaster at Cedar Point. The entrance should breath some life back into the DT area, which it has needed for a while.

I went to Cedar Point for the second time a few weeks ago and experienced things differently than I had during my previous visit. (2006)

My four favorite rides of the day even (mildly) surprised me.

1. Skyhawk

2. Disaster Transport

3. WindSeeker

4. Calypso

I did not ride maXair or Wicked Twister.

I do not find very many roller coasters at Cedar Point 'fun.' On the majority (yes, the majority) of these, I'm too busy bracing myself for the next blow to notice the forces, views, at least to the extent I would like to. That, or uncomfortably being bounced around the inside of the car like a rubber ball.

From what it looks, very recent additions to Cedar Point have been going a different direction, in being less violent/ physically draining, up to the upcoming Gatekeeper.

I can easily see Gatekeeper taking Disaster Transport's spot in the order of most enjoyed rides during my next visit. (If I do go to Cedar Point again.)

Just because it's a B&M, doesn't mean it's going to be a bore...this ride looks very promising. Don't judge something until you ride it for yourself. Anyone who judges a ride before they ride it should not be allowed to consider themselves an enthusiast

Sorry, I missed the part of my post that talked about the ride experience. I find the "leaked" information about yet another B&M coaster to be uninteresting and lacking in originality. Although this may disqualify me from being a "fanboy," it does not change my status as an "enthusiast." And, by the way, by saying that the ride "looks promising," you yourself are judging the ride before having ridden it.

• Like 2

Just because it's a B&M, doesn't mean it's going to be a bore...this ride looks very promising. Don't judge something until you ride it for yourself. Anyone who judges a ride before they ride it should not be allowed to consider themselves an enthusiast

Sorry, I missed the part of my post that talked about the ride experience. I find the "leaked" information about yet another B&M coaster to be uninteresting and lacking in originality. Although this may disqualify me from being a "fanboy," it does not change my status as an "enthusiast." And, by the way, by saying that the ride "looks promising," you yourself are judging the ride before having ridden it.

I said looks promising, not that it will be the best new coaster, or the worst coaster of all time. I'm holding off judgment of the ride until I sit down and ride it myself. I don't automatically assume all B&M coasters are boring, all Arrows are rough and jerky, or that all Intamin coasters must be unreliable. You don't know until you experience that particular ride for yourself

I'd recommend watching sanduskyregister.com live stream. Pointbuzz's seems to be lagging a ton.

EDIT 1: The costumed announcer resembled the original Banshee logo to me.

EDIT 2: After the MCBR, it is only a helix and drop. VP says it will not have a "roar" like Raptor.

Video does not seem to show a brake on the airtime hill.

New food truck outside of the park. Not sure if that has been around recently.

• Like 1