Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing

I heard it's the wheels that cause the roar. Remember Diamondback had the B&M Roar when it first opened, but because of complaints from the house development around KI they put different wheels on it to stop it from Roaring. I doubt they filled DB's track or supports with sand.

Diamondback still retains the B&M roar.

Have you heard an unquieted B&M roar? It often can be heard throughout a midsize park, and would indeed frequently generate noise complaints. Diamondback isn't like that.

I have little sympathy for those who chose to live near a park, then complain about the noise the park makes.

I have a large field behind our house. On the other side of the field is a cemetery. A neighbor who has lived in their home for about 7 years recently mentioned about starting a petition to have the cemetery removed because it is "creepy".

The cemetery has been around for 40+ years.

• Like 6

On the leaked info topic - quote from Browntggrr's article. --------

"It's not always a bad thing, in many cases," Zelm continues. "It just gets people more excited, and it adds, I think, to the intrigue of what's coming. We don't necessarily look at it as a failure, we just look at it as, 'Hey, people are talking about us.' And ultimately, that's what we want, right?"

-------------

I think that quote from the article is somewhat telling. Didn't Don say something about the coaster wars saying it didn't matter if KI won - it was good to have people talking about te park and it's rides.

^ There is some truth to "any press is good press" and in this case, it is very true. (and I do remember a comment like you mentioned)

In other cases: SoB's issues, Batman movie shootings, infidelity/ sex scandels etc., I would seriously doubt those directly affected would agree that in the ever-growing social media World that "any press is good press".

Not so much.

Have you heard an unquieted B&M roar? It often can be heard throughout a midsize park, and would indeed frequently generate noise complaints. Diamondback isn't like that.

I never said it roars like all the other B&M's, I just stated that it still does roar. I has been silenced a bit, but I don't know how they would have done that. Who knows and would like to explain that to me?

The roar and the fireworks complaints go hand in hand. Why would you purposefully move in next to an amusement park and immediately complain about noises? It's to be expected that you may hear a little something from an amusement park when you live next door, and your noise tolerance should be subject to change.

I have a large field behind our house. On the other side of the field is a cemetery. A neighbor who has lived in their home for about 7 years recently mentioned about starting a petition to have the cemetery removed because it is "creepy".

The cemetery has been around for 40+ years.

Haven't they ever seen Poltergeist? Cemetery moves don't end well.

• Like 4

No, it isn't. A careful reading would show all this is related to Cedar Point's Gatekeeper, noise, theme park relations with neighbors and even a former CEO's house in an Ohio park parking lot.

A quick scan of the topic, though, would lead the reader to think we have strayed far, far off topic but we have actually not.

Life is far more like this topic than like the rigidly structured on or off topic rulings of a sternly run forum or school. Most of the time. Things most never or perhaps even no one ever thought of can derail the biggest plans. See, for instance, Son of Beast, Kentucky Kingdom or the Paramount sale to Cedar Fair.

Nearly everything is affected by something most would never factor in.

• Like 1

I happened to be at the park on the day that Gatekeeper was announced and was pleasantly surprised. For those who do not know they had type of a grim reaper style character come out on top of one of the buildings with smoke behind him talking to John Hildebrandt when the ride was announced. It was a very miserable announcement due to the fact that the annoying like rain would not stop coming down. Just wet enough to make you uncomfortable. We left about 20 minutes after the ride was announced and missed my Gatekeeper shirt sadly. The layout is very intriguing to me, from the rolling flipping drop to the two keyhole elements that take place over the new entrance, which looks like it will be very very impressive. John also stated some little known facts about the entrance gate, such as how long it had been there and that it had not been changed in some odd years. Not to mention it is leaning. I cannot wait to get to the Point to ride this ride next year. I do wonder though why they brought in a character such as the grim reaper when the logo seems to be like an animal or some type of griffon looking style animal. Gatekeeper seems to me to fit more the grim reaper character than that of the griffon type.

As far as the B&M roar, for those of you who have never been to a park like Cedar Point and are saying that Diamondback roars, you are mistaken. You can literally hear Raptor from almost anywhere in the front of the park and that isn't the loudest ride. Mantis is one of the loudest coasters I have ever heard. You can be in the back of the park near Skyhawk and literally almost hear it roar coming down the hill. It is truly an amazing sound to behold.

• Like 5

I do wonder though why they brought in a character such as the grim reaper when the logo seems to be like an animal or some type of griffon looking style animal. Gatekeeper seems to me to fit more the grim reaper character than that of the griffon type.

I believe the character was supposed to be reminiscent of the Banshee, although I can't be sure. Remember when they teased with my avatar? It looked like the Banshee eyes.

Soooo.... I went to CP yesterday and got pictures of DT's Backside ripped off if anybody wants to see them.... :ph34r:

Going once, going twice....

SOLD, I want to see them.

Okay, first I have to figure out how to use photo bucket :lol: . I have an account, Just have to figure out gow to upload them.

I never figured out photo bucket but I did on flicker!

7816600644_79efb28599.jpg

7816599250_5fdd68f1f6.jpg

7816601226_a43972ecf8.jpg

• Like 2

Are you sure it isn't the sand that will silent some noise?

In all honesty, though, I'm having a lot of doubt that this was a full on Ouimet project. You can't come in to a company, decide you're ripping out 2 rides, remodel the front gate, design and build a new roller coaster (a more rare one, at that--how many wing coasters vs. mega coasters?), and on top of that, get it approved... In 1 year.

Unless Ouimet's had his hands in the pockets of Cedar Fair much earlier than we thought...

• Like 3