Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing

Remember, its no longer the dick's Reign, we now have someone at the Helm who came from a place where theming is King. I dont see the lighting package being poorly maintained.

Any bets on how long they keep ALL of the lights working? :P

Two years. Max.

Both valid possibilities.

I personally don't know which to expect myself, but either way, we shall see!

• Like 2

Wow... I love the trains, especially the lit-up eyes.

These harnesses look pretty sweet. The fourth row will have the larger seats so even more of guests can experience the thrill of Gatekeeper.

I know which row I'll be in this summer! And thank you CP for thinking of us larger folks... It's bad enough that I can't ride Millie, TTD, WT and Raptor (and CCMR, but I don't really miss that one). Everything else I fit on, so I know I'll at least have a chance with GK!

• Like 4

Wow... I love the trains, especially the lit-up eyes.

These harnesses look pretty sweet. The fourth row will have the larger seats so even more of guests can experience the thrill of Gatekeeper.

I know which row I'll be in this summer! And thank you CP for thinking of us larger folks... It's bad enough that I can't ride Millie, TTD, WT and Raptor (and CCMR, but I don't really miss that one). Everything else I fit on, so I know I'll at least have a chance with GK!

Man I rode Raptor a few years back and I was good till we sat on the brake run. The restraint came down a bit more and I could not get a breath in. I think its because of my larger frame that I had difficulty catching my breath.

Great. We spent about an hour and a half watching auditions for live entertainment and talking with the people who do the hiring for that. They were really nice and funny. Then we spent about 40 minutes at Gatekeeper. The paint job looks so much better in person, which is amazing because it looks great in pictures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I too am confused by these sketches. My best guess is that on the 3rd photo the queue for the ride is to the right of the plaza.

I really like how with Leviathan and Gatekeeper they are doing statues. Makes the ride seem grander than just a sign. Maybe we will see more uses of this in the future?

• Like 1

The 2nd picture is showing Spiral plaza. The old Spiral / Transport Refreshments building remains, as well as the old stairs leading in to Spiral plaza. Meanwhile it appears a new planter will go in where Spiral stood with a new covering over the existing patio tables. The third picture has the beach on top with Giant Wheel and Twister to the left, with the new Gate Keeper grand entrance plaza next to the forward spike of Twister. I am happy that Spiral plaza remains intact, and hopefully with the restrooms still there.

• Like 1

^ Being official "first riders" isn't going to mean as much, then, since anyone can join a coaster club and ride it even earlier.

The proceeds from the "first riders" go to a good cause, and means much more to the beneficiaries than most of us can probably fathom.

• Like 2

^ Being official "first riders" isn't going to mean as much, then, since anyone can join a coaster club and ride it even earlier.

The proceeds from the "first riders" go to a good cause, and means much more to the beneficiaries than most of us can probably fathom.
Of course it's great that charities can benefit from the "first" seats. Hopefully the "open" media day doesn't reduce enthusiasm for that auction.

Diamondback was totally the first B&M to feature an animal head pilot car and body train. Assuming I am right, I think that's kinda neat.

I'm really diggin' these wing coaster trains. They seem to get more bad@$$ with each new wing coaster they build. I think Cedar Point would be hard pressed to find a cooler way to incorporate a coaster into the entrance.

• Like 2