Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing

Isn't Raptor awesome? We are counting down until the secret will be set free. Click on the 2013 tab to countdown with us. Are you on the EDGE of your seat and holding on?

Reference to the winged seating most likely. I sort of like the name Gatekeeper, it would make sense given the location. Given the current winged logo, it seems like there would be an almost bird like theme to it.

Cedar Fair comes up with some pretty awful names, but Gatekeeper is the worst yet.

Wait for the announcement before deciding that the name doesn't fit. For all we know, the coaster could be flying around a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

• Like 3

I personally like the name Gatekeeper quite a bit, especially with a Gargoyle theme (potentially). Why is Gatekeeper bad when the signature elements of the ride include at least one (rumored two) passes right over the new soon-to-be-built main gate? It's the new Gatekeeper to the park. I dig it.

• Like 4

I think the name Gatekeeper is a reference to the Levithan, sometimes called the Gatekeeper of h***. So even though in some ways it's a clever name, Gatekeeper sounds boring if you don't have background information.

*Leviathan.

How does a water monster fit with the Gatekeeper of Hell?

Mantis is a dead ride?

It should be, as taking almost 4 G's in the knees isn't enjoyable to most people, especially when you're walking around all day.

In the small sample of people I asked in line when I rode it for my first (and only) time, zero had ridden it before.