Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing

^Me too. I've been to my fair share of KI media events, and this will be my first at another park. I'm going to bed as soon as I get home from work (I purposely stayed up WAY late last night so I would be tired and ready for bed early today). I'm planning on getting up at 11:30 and leaving my house by midnight for the four hour drive to the Point. I can't wait! I'm resisting the temptation to watch the POV's so I can get the full experience for myself.

• Like 4

Parking. Lot. Coaster.

I cant make it to meet you boys friday,wife just started a new job. Were going to plan a weekend during October instead. Stay at Breakers and get fastlane,its my favorite time to visit CP anyways,maybe we can meet up then or at KI,were gonna be there all summer! ;) Knowing I went to O.S.U and they dont check it,makes me think its going to be packed anyways! Make sure to leave a trip report so I can check it out!

^ I'll likely be going during the week of May 20, after Math & Science Days but before schools get out.

Had I known that Media Day would start at 4am and include other rides, I probably would have made plans to go this morning.

early reviews from pointbuzz.com users:

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/29431.aspx

I find it interesting (and a bit disquieting) that some skinnier people are reporting issues with the restraint being too tight. I'm 5'6" and about 140 to 150 pounds. "Bulking up", as one rider was told to do, simply won't work for me because I probably couldn't keep the weight on if I tried. I was all pumped and set to toss Gatekeeper up toward the top of my coaster rankings after CoasterMania. Now it's looking like it may join Magnum (the only truly painful coaster I've ever ridden) at the bottom of the list.

So now skinny people are complaining? :)

I don't know about that jcgoble...I'm as skinny as you...6-2 and 165ish (I'm a marathoner, so yeah...skinny), and Wild Eagle was extremely comfortable...Gatekeeper has the exact same restraints.

Extremely comfortable meaning you didn't feel direct pressure applied to your collarbone, that constricts more and more throughout the ride?

If the vests wouldn't keep squeezing, even after you are waiting to get back into the station, then I would agree that they are very comfortable.

I really enjoy Gatekeeper. I'm an average sized guy. Didn't have any issues with the restraints. The ride is great, not a parking lot coaster and is overall beautiful!

As for the claim of the wait being about an hour around 10:30ish the night before, was total BS. I literally arrived at the park at 12:30 Thursday morning, was the 3rd car waiting to be allowed to park by the front gate. The line at most (taking out the fact that sometimes it took 10 minutes to reset media things avg) 20 minutes.

OSU day line wasn't too bad either.

• Like 2

As for the claim of the wait being about an hour around 10:30ish the night before, was total BS. I literally arrived at the park at 12:30 Thursday morning, was the 3rd car waiting to be allowed to park by the front gate.

I stated my source for the claim. Y'all can take a guess as to how reliable that type of source is. :P

• Like 1