Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing

Kings Island is part of Cedar Fair, and this board is about Kongs Island, is it not?

No, this board is not about Kongs Island. :D

- Brown. Who's point was just proven.........

Funny thing Kong was found at Kings Island. Why I am sad the coaster good a new one will take its place.

Or they wanted to get a last ride on it knowing that it was closing... a fact that was widely publicized.

I found the actual ride experience incredibly boring. Even as a kid, Avalance Run got one ride from me and I got off thinking, "Hmm, the one at Opry Land was really fun. What happened here?"

I'm glad I was able to get some closure with DT. When hearing it was being replaced I was upset because I wasn't going to get to go until September, and it turned out that would be after it's final day of operation. But on Saturday July 21st, the Gator-ettes and I were sitting at home when I got a text from Stalkerchick asking about cheap hotels in Sandusky. I replied back that I was jealous, but we didn't want to pay so much to go to CP. She texted back that the next day was a season pass BAF for $20 day, her aunt's family had passes, and there were still two $20 tickets up for grabs. An hour later, we were on our way! How could we pass up $20 tickets? Plus, Stalkerchick appreciates DT about as much as I do, so it was good to go with another fan of the ride.

We managed to get two rides in on DT that day, and one on Space Spiral (which I'm not particularly attached to). The park was surprisingly not crowded, and GatorGirl got her first rides on Iron Dragon, Magnum ("Let's ride that again!" she said on the break run), Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Gemini ("It's so smooth!") and Blue Streak.

I'm more accepting of the change having ridden DT knowing that it was my last time. Unlike Chaos, Demon Drop, WildCat (all "non-obvious" must-rides for me at CP), Jaws & King Cobra (I'd add SoB to that list, but I'm not so torn up about that one leaving). DT was my first bobsled coaster, and it was an experience that I enjoyed even if the theming was, in the words of Stalkerchick, "craptastic". There unfortunately are not many bobsled coasters left, just like there are not many Arrow suspendeds left.

I'd finish this post by saying "Ride every ride like it's your last time," but that's a little too pessimistic for me.

• Like 9

The picture has been floating around for quite some time. It was published in the Sandusky Register when they leaked all the info about the memo they somehow got their hands on, and then in very tabloid fashion, chose to publish the next day without telling Cedar Point.

Apparantly the journalists there still use Mario Paint.

• Like 1

Space Spiral's ridership has diminished quite a bit over the past decade, and it has also become a mainentence liability. I honestly can't remember the last time I visited Cedar Point and saw it open on two consecutive visits. That whole area of the park is getting a facelift, and I think they just thought it would not fit. Just time to go, and now it's the right time.

That layout should not be conisdered legit or exact; it was a best guess by whatever info was contained in the memo. And so professionaly drawn!

Something tells me there is a lot more on site than has been revealed. When they're ready, they will be set free. :)

I have a feeling this could the mother, er, father, of all coasters.

- DrHumor, who doesn't really know anything, but found a name that he likes that fits all the "clues" so far. This is also my first Terpian moment.