Diamondback Down for Week of June 4th

Josh Moore

Im surprised that the app was free..... On another note yes indeed it is, notifications come in handy in reasons why or why not to go to KI for the day, (if only there were notifications about secret hiding places of BB stuff at KI....)

Well this would mark the second straight time for me going to Kings Island and Diamondback being down so as for what park to attend on Monday I feel as if this has made my decision pretty clear, I will be taking my talents to Santa Clause Indiana.

• Like 4

So, Don, with DB down for the week, and Invertigo still down as of yesterday, what will the "adult" ERT rides be next week?

The Beast isn't on the ERT lineup?

No, and, Surf Dog was down the last two times I was there (Sun, Weds).

The curse of the ERT rides is in full effect...got Vortex last year.

So, Don, with DB down for the week, and Invertigo still down as of yesterday, what will the "adult" ERT rides be next week?

The Beast isn't on the ERT lineup?

No

I'm kind of surprised. I only went to one ERT this year and it was devoted to Diamondback so I didn't pay attention to that area..

Probably depends on whose routine they're talking about. An appendectomy would be routine for a doctor, but not for the patient having it done!

So true.

I guess, however we can look on the bright side here - there is/was obviously an issue when DB first went down and the park looks to have found a way to get it back up and running safely short term (likely while awaiting a part) and then scheduled it down to complete the fix at a time when it would cause the least disruption (a Mon-Fri). My guess is this is a better choice than waiting for the short term solution to fail to make the fix as that could be July 4th or a Saturday in June/July. Its also possible that the fix requires manufacturers representatives which often need scheduling in advance.

Edit to add - its been reported that WindSeeker, Delerium, and Surf Dog are all operating - I saw Firehawk running last night also. Invertigo was still not operating last night.

Can someone please tell me, is Diamondback open on Saturday and Sunday? Under the discussion on Facebook, one visitor said "It is up and running today, and they had rode it 3 times. I know the heading reads "Closed Monday June 4th? If there is a mechanical issue, then shouldn't it be closed Sat/Sun ? What gives, I am totally confused.

It is no different for an airline to pull a jet out of service (during non-peak) to over haul the jet engines when they have been operating so many hours per manufacture and FAA requirements. There are other jets in the airline's fleet to take up the slack to transport the passengers. It is no different for Kings Island. It is being done during the week instead of the busy weekend that has more crowds. As with the airline's fleet of jets to take up the slack, there are lots more rides to take up the slack for DB being down for maintenance. Now would you rather the airline not pull the jet out of service to overhaul the jet engines and risk it crashing due to faulty maintenance? It is the same with Kings Island. Would you rather them not pull it out of service and not perform the needed required maintenance and have a wheel come off the track and causing it to crash? To not perform the maintenance will be far costly and cause longer down time to repair something that has broken due to faulty maintenance.