Diamondback Down for Week of June 4th

Josh Moore

Quick fixes are often used on machines. Quick also means short term. DB's issue is quite interesting as it will take 4 days to complete the fix.

I am curious to see if DoA testing will be part of the 4 days. If so, the "routine maintenance" is anything but.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Gold and Platinum passholders will be able to enjoy early rides on arguably the greatest wooden roller coaster ever built, The Beast, next week while Diamondback is closed.

• Like 7

Gold and Platinum passholders will be able to enjoy early rides on arguably the greatest wooden roller coaster ever built, The Beast, next week while Diamondback is closed.

With the re-tracking I will gladly take that, The Beast is running amazing this year.

Can that be the way it is for the rest of the year, please? ;)

(Besides Diamondback being closed).

• Like 1

I personally don't understand all of the "routine" maintenance issues... the sales man at Sears said it should have worked just fine... :o

So, is this where the "Diamondback is sinking" rumors start?

Haven't seen in the posts, but does the breakdown of CP's WindSeeker mean that KI's will be down also?

When I was at the park yesterday, I noticed there were some mechanics checking the shocks (I think?) on Flight Deck before dispatching one of the trains. I thought it was intresting that they only checked one of the trains and not the other. Also, as others have said, Diamondback was running yesterday.

When I was at the park yesterday, I noticed there were some mechanics checking the shocks (I think?) on Flight Deck before dispatching one of the trains. I thought it was intresting that they only checked one of the trains and not the other. Also, as others have said, Diamondback was running yesterday.

There was something dripping (leaking?) on friday when i was on flight deck. Granted it was raining most of the morning, but at some point they came and cleaned off the front of the 1st car, then when we got thru,there was a mechanic looking up near the rails.

I went to KI, June 4th. I was very unhappy with the park. First the negative, then I will compliment. Diamondback being down stinks, Invertigo, WindSeeker(opened/closed all day) Delerium closed part of the day, The lines for everything else were busy. I saw a wait time for Adventure Express as a hour. Seriously, I have NEVER waited over ten minutes. I got bored very quickly with the park and probably won't return for several years, until they get themselves a major coaster attraction. I walked over to Soak City and was not impressed. For you guys who have season passes and can pop in and out of KI and Soak City, I am sure that it's fine. I am over 3 hours away, and I feel it was a total bust with all the mechanical issues.

Now the good.

I enjoyed The Beast. The off season track work really payed off. Coney Mall looked nice with all the updates. That's all with the good compliments.

By the way, Is there a "pot hole" (track uneven0 on The Vortex lift hill? There was a thump, and the guests in front of us commented, and most of the train groaned when it hit.

I'm going this week, so this is FANTASTIC news!!!

I went to KI, June 4th. I was very unhappy with the park. First the negative, then I will compliment. Diamondback being down stinks, Invertigo, WindSeeker(opened/closed all day) Delerium closed part of the day, The lines for everything else were busy. I saw a wait time for Adventure Express as a hour. Seriously, I have NEVER waited over ten minutes. I got bored very quickly with the park and probably won't return for several years, until they get themselves a major coaster attraction. I walked over to Soak City and was not impressed. For you guys who have season passes and can pop in and out of KI and Soak City, I am sure that it's fine. I am over 3 hours away, and I feel it was a total bust with all the mechanical issues.

Now the good.

I enjoyed The Beast. The off season track work really payed off. Coney Mall looked nice with all the updates. That's all with the good compliments.

By the way, Is there a "pot hole" (track uneven0 on The Vortex lift hill? There was a thump, and the guests in front of us commented, and most of the train groaned when it hit.

That is where The Vortex is sinking...I thought that everyone knew that.

It was common knowledge, here anyway, that DB would be closed all week, and that Invertigo has been closed off and on for going on two weeks now. Add to that, common knowledge of the sporadic closings of WindSeeker and Delirium since the opening of those attractions.

Perhaps changing the date of your visit would have been in order, especially if you were going specifically to ride the aforementioned rides.

Jsut sayin...

Unless the line for Adventure Express was up to the front gate, I wouldn't always trust what those wait time markers say (especially if there's no worker around). I saw The Beast wait time (at a point where there was no worker at the front of the entrance near the end of the day) listed as 90 minutes. We go thru in about 15 minutes. I'll assume someone walked by and decided to play with the wait time sign and moved it to an extended time as a "joke" I'm not sure if you have to have a special device to do this, I've never looked all that closely, that only a worker would have, but I've always assumed it was just a turn of the hand that anyone could accomplish.

No one said it was a secret that Diamondback was down for the week. Second, I was not able to change my vacation plans. I work at a hospital, and my vacation slot was decided months ago.

OK, Rivertown, not much to do here. No Crypt, no Diamondback. One feature ride open.

Action Zone, Flight Deck, and Drop Zone, SOB (Gone, pretty much) Delerium down Invertigo down.

Coney Mall. Racers, Adventure Express (very near) WindSeeker closed/open all day, Vortex. Flight of Fear and Firehawk were fine.

I am in no way bashing your park, but attractions that were open (coasters and thrill rides) were far apart and required quite a bit of walking.

No, I do not mind walking, but this was a little much.

Before commenting to this post, think of what was closed that day, then think of the next big attraction that is near. That is the point I am trying to get across.