SFNE Trip Questions

TheCrypt

Hello, all. I will be going to Six Flags New England during the week of July 8-14, and I'd like to get some trip tips from users here. Something to be known- I will try my hardest to make sure we go on a weekday. Also, it will only be my cousin and me, so there won't be a big non-flexible group.

So, what I'm wondering is:

1. If I should buy a Flash Pass or not.

2. What rides should I hit early on in the morning? I'll try to get there at rope drop, but that is not set in stone.

3. What is the best place to eat in the park?

4. Any low capacity rides I need to worry about?

5. What crowds should I be expecting?

Thank you all in advance! I will likely post a PTR after the trip.

Hello,

I would definitely invest in a Flash Pass if I were going on those days. Early to mid July is one of the most crowded times of the year, and even on weekdays the lines can be brutal. A gold level Flash Pass will likely be the way to go, as the regular level keeps you waiting as long (and sometimes longer) than the actual line.

If you do decide to buy the Flash Pass, rushing to rides first thing in the morning is unnecessary because a good majority of their roller coasters and thrill rides are available on the Flash Pass. If you choose to not buy the the line skipping device, I would recommend getting on the low capacity and more popular rides first, like:

-Bizarro. This coaster is so popular that it almost always has a line even when running two trains. Most park goers will dash directly towards the ride at opening, so if you don't get a Flash Pass, it is essential to head directly to it at rope drop. Bizarro really is a must ride.

-Goliath. This is the parks latest coaster, and because it is a Boomerang style layout, it is only compatible with one train. The combination of these two makes for an extremely long queue.

-Gotham City Gauntlet Escape from Arkham Asylum. It is relatively new and is a Wild Mouse coaster which means only 4 people per car.

-Mind Eraser. Despite the fact that the ride is a Vekoma SLC, a ride type that I do not find at all enjoyable, the general public seems to really like it and therefore it often has some long waits.

-Pandemonium. This is another four people per car coaster so expect some long waits on this one without a Flash Pass.

I am sorry but I cannot help you on what the best place to eat is. When visiting amusement parks, I almost always eat at Panda Express. Knowing that, you probably wouldn't want my opinion on food anyway.

Like I said earlier, the crowds will be quite heavy on the possible days you are visiting. However, as much as everyone hates hearing this, the amount of people that show up on any given day is greatly affected by the weather. There is no way to precisely predict how crowded it will be, but since it will be early July I would estimate that more popular rides like Bizarro will have waits ranging from 1 and 1/2 to 2+ hours. I would highly recommend to buy a Flash Pass during that time a year. It makes the overall experience much more enjoyable and relaxed.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and have a Six Flags day!