Gold passes

xXDrummerKiDXx

No, they are not anymore bring a friend days this year. However you can earn a bring a friend for 9.99 or even a free bring a friend ticket thru fun perks. I have both that I can use.

So the section at the bottom of the following link is wrong?

http://www.visitking...ar-Hot-Dog-Days

Dollar Days

« Go Back

09/01/12, 09/02/12, 09/03/12

Visit Kings Island over Labor Day Weekend, September 1-3, and enjoy $1 Hot Dogs, $1 LaRosa’s Pizza, $1 Skyline Chili Coneys, $1 Blue Ice Cream and $1 Cotton Candy.

Park visitors will also have an opportunity to play games at select locations for $1 or less and take advantage of special deals and discounts on merchandise including 50 percent off 40th anniversary merchandise at Spotlight Souvenirs, Lotsapalooza and Emporium (excludes souvenir coins and 40th anniversary drink bottles).

A memorable day at the park will be capped off with expanded fireworks shows Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2.

Park hours are from 10am to 10pm September 1-2 and 10:00am to 8:00pm on Labor Day, September 3.

View below the food. Games and merchandise deals:

Food Deals:

• $1 Cotton Candy
  • $1 Hot Dogs
  • $1 Blue Ice Cream
  • $1 Skyline Chili Coneys
  • $1 LaRosa’s Pizza (Cheese or Pepperoni)
  • $2 Fresh-Cut Fries

Game Deals:

• $1 per climb Rope Ladder
  • $1 per swing Hi Striker
  • $1 all children’s instant win games
  • $1 Coney and Rivertown Pong
  • $1 per ball Goblet
  • $1 per play Plinko
  • $0.50 a ball Short Range
  • $0.25 per play Coney and Rivertown Bowler

Merchandise Deals:

• $5 select plush at Emporium, Lotsapalooza and Seaside Supplies (Regular price $9.99 - $14.99)
  • $3 select mugs and $2 select shots and shooters Diamondback Drinkware sale at Emporium and Diamondback Store
  • 50 percent off 40th anniversary merchandise at Spotlight Souvenirs, Lotsapalooza and Emporium. Excludes souvenir coins and 40th anniversary drink bottles
  • $1 acrylic photo frames at Beast Photo and Firehawk Photo
  • $5 photos at Boo Blaster Photo and Flight of Fear
  • $5 2012 Kings Island and Peanuts promo t-shirts at Lotsapalooza, Emporium and Snoopy Boutique

Buy a 2013 Gold Season Pass for just $79.99 (or Platinum Season Pass for $164) Labor Day Weekend and get entered for your chance to win great prizes.

Prize Giveaways Include:

• 2013 Cabana Package for four (4)
  • 2013 Best Day of the Year Kings Island Experience Package
  • Halloween Haunt Opening Night VIP Package for four (4)
  • Blown-up Framed Kings Island Commemorative 40th Anniversary Park Map
  • 2013 Birthday Party at Kings Island for 15 guests
  • Free On-Ride Photos at four (4) attractions: Beast, Diamondback, Vortex, Race for Your Life Charlie Brown
  • Trick-or-Treat with the Dinosaurs Package for four (4)
  • Great Wolf Lodge Overnight Stay Package for four (4)
  • Cincinnati Reds Package

Other Highlights for Season Pass Appreciation Weekend

• Get a 2013 Gold Season Pass at the lowest price of the season of just $79.99
  • Season Pass Bring a Friend each day for just $19.99
  • Extended Fireworks show Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2
  • One (1) hour of early ride time on The Beast for Gold and Platinum Season Passholders
  • Prize giveaways every hour at the Bandstand on International Street (must purchase a 2013 Gold or Platinum Season Pass to get entered into the drawing)

Odd KI quietly announces a 10 dollar price increase (fall price last year was $69.99) for gold passes with no list of 2013 pass benefits. Will there be ERT? If so what rides? No new rides announced, just the permanent loss of Crypt and SOB. I'm not starting a Raptoresque meltdown, it just seems unless hot dogs and pizzas are going to be 1 dollar all next season, there's really not a whole lot to be excited about for 2013. (Yet?)

I'll renew and hope for the best.

• Like 1

I don't always need something shiny and new to keep me coming back, although I do expect them to make additions from time to time. We more than get our money's worth every year. I've spent 102 hours there over 20 visits so far this year... my record, at least since I've been keeping track, was 2009 with 141 hours over 23 visits. A lot of times we'll just pop in for a few hours to have some fun with friends and family.

Hopefully they do add something next year, but if not I'm fine with them taking a year off from a mass capital expenditure to add something. They're already going to be spending enough to remove some wood from Action Zone.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Odd KI quietly announces a 10 dollar price increase (fall price last year was $69.99) for gold passes with no list of 2013 pass benefits. Will there be ERT? If so what rides? No new rides announced, just the permanent loss of Crypt and SOB. I'm not starting a Raptoresque meltdown, it just seems unless hot dogs and pizzas are going to be 1 dollar all next season, there's really not a whole lot to be excited about for 2013. (Yet?)

Benefits for Gold Passholders will continue to include free season-long parking, early ride time on select attractions, and other benefits like free membership in the FUN Perks rewards program. There's always a lot to be excited about at Kings Island.

• Like 7

No, they are not anymore bring a friend days this year. However you can earn a bring a friend for 9.99 or even a free bring a friend ticket thru fun perks. I have both that I can use.

Dollar Days

« Go Back

Visit Kings Island over Labor Day Weekend, September 1-3, and enjoy $1 Hot Dogs, $1 LaRosa’s Pizza, $1 Skyline Chili Coneys, $1 Blue Ice Cream and $1 Cotton Candy.

Park visitors will also have an opportunity to play games at select locations for $1 or less and take advantage of special deals and discounts on merchandise including 50 percent off 40th anniversary merchandise at Spotlight Souvenirs, Lotsapalooza and Emporium (excludes souvenir coins and 40th anniversary drink bottles).

A memorable day at the park will be capped off with expanded fireworks shows Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2.

Park hours are from 10am to 10pm September 1-2 and 10:00am to 8:00pm on Labor Day, September 3.

Food Deals:

• $1 Cotton Candy
  • $1 Hot Dogs
  • $1 Blue Ice Cream
  • $2 Fresh-Cut Fries

Game Deals:

• $1 per ball Goblet
  • $1 per play Plinko

Merchandise Deals:

• $5 select plush at Emporium, Lotsapalooza and Seaside Supplies (Regular price $9.99 - $14.99)
  • $3 select mugs and $2 select shots and shooters Diamondback Drinkware sale at Emporium and Diamondback Store
  • 50 percent off 40th anniversary merchandise at Spotlight Souvenirs, Lotsapalooza and Emporium. Excludes souvenir coins and 40th anniversary drink bottles
  • $5 2012 Kings Island and Peanuts promo t-shirts at Lotsapalooza, Emporium and Snoopy Boutique

Buy a 2013 Gold Season Pass for just $79.99 (or Platinum Season Pass for $164) Labor Day Weekend and get entered for your chance to win great prizes.

Prize Giveaways Include:

• Free On-Ride Photos at four (4) attractions: Beast, Diamondback, Vortex, Race for Your Life Charlie Brown

• One (1) hour of early ride time on The Beast for Gold and Platinum Season Passholders
  • Prize giveaways every hour at the Bandstand on International Street (must purchase a 2013 Gold or Platinum Season Pass to get entered into the drawing)

Is this thing legit? If so, I will be VERY happy come Saturday!

And then I wait 2 hours for The Racer.

• Like 2

Benefits for Gold Passholders will continue to include free season-long parking, early ride time on select attractions, and other benefits like free membership in the FUN Perks rewards program. There's always a lot to be excited about at Kings Island.

Very glad to hear ERT will return. Also, I spent enough to get 3 stars in FUN Perks, so glad it's returning to. Thank you for the update.

• Like 1

Dollar Days

« Go Back

Food Deals:

• $1 Cotton Candy
  • $1 Hot Dogs
  • $1 Blue Ice Cream
  • $2 Fresh-Cut Fries

Game Deals:

• $1 per ball Goblet
  • $1 per play Plinko

Merchandise Deals:

Prize Giveaways Include:

Nope, those were announced after I posted that.

Dollar Days

« Go Back

Food Deals:

• $1 Cotton Candy
  • $1 Hot Dogs
  • $1 Blue Ice Cream
  • $2 Fresh-Cut Fries

Game Deals:

• $1 per ball Goblet
  • $1 per play Plinko

Merchandise Deals:

Prize Giveaways Include:

Nope, those were announced after I posted that.

Oh those sneaky Kings Island PR people! Planning to be there on Labor Day. I just passed my Kings Island anniversary date. August 25th marked my first trip to KI 38 years ago.

Mike B.

According to a tweet by KingsIslandPR, as long as you renew your pass in advance, you're still eligible for the giveaways this weekend.

2013 pass sales and renewals are now officially available online, subject to the $5 processing fee as always. Interestingly, the $164 Platinum price price is $1/foot of Gatekeeper's drop height, so I guess we should all be glad they didn't get a giga this year. :) It's also interesting that this is the same per-year price as a 2-year Platinum pass to all SeaWorld parks (SeaWorld, both Busch Gardens, Aquatica).

I was hoping they would do a renewal promotion to reward those who buy platinum passes in years when Cedar Point doesn't introduce a new roller coaster. SeaWorld offers significant renewal perks, 2-year pricing discounts, and 12 monthly payments to entice customers back every year. I was hoping we'd see some of this with Cedar Fair's Accesso storefront, but I guess I had my hopes too high.

I suppose we still have yet to see what Cedar Point's 2013 platinum pass sales pitch will be and what perks they'll have for new/renewing passes, so we could still be surprised. It does seem really odd to tie the price to a really big number that guests experience when inside the park. You don't want families thinking about the $164/each they spent last year when considering what to buy in the park.

EDIT: The page on KI's website now has a note at the end, so I suppose the tweeted information wasn't complete:

Note: Guests must be present in the park to win prizes.

If you're there this weekend and have already renewed, listen for your name to be read over the PA system, I suppose.

• Like 1

Just renewed the family and upgraded to platnium. I went to KI so many times this summer I figure my admission per visit was under $5. IMO the Funperks are just icing on the cake. I would have bought the same amount of stuff regardless of the freebies.

• Like 2

Don chooses his words carefully. Does this mean there will be a fee to regular season passholders for FUN Perks?

Guest KingsIslandPR

Don chooses his words carefully. Does this mean there will be a fee to regular season passholders for FUN Perks?

No.

• Like 6

Does anyone know, can you take the $20 funperks reward on a 2013 season pass and apply it to an online purchase? The certificate I just printed out says it has to be presented at the front gate ticket office. I still plan 1 more visit during the haunt, but would rather take care of the renewal online if possible.

Thanks.