Delerium and Psyclone

PkiJake13

Psyclone at Wonderland was made by Mondial, not Intamin.

It premiered 1 year prior to PKI's Delirium. It holds about 10 fewer people, I believe. It also has its seats arranged in more of an octagonal shape rather than a completely round ring like Delirium. Psyclone stands a few feet shorter, and takes longer to reach the ride's apex.

From what I hear, the restraints are a bit more comfortable on Psyclone. Psyclone also has a far superior lighting package. Finally, Psyclone does not feature a "pie cut" flooring grid underneath it as does Delirium.

Although they are essentially the same thing... I have always preferred PKI's "look" better. I always felt that Psyclone's carriage arm looks like a very large pencil. I also like Delirium's bold color scheme as opposed to the very muted grey color of Wonderland's.

Shaggy

Psyclone does take a little bit longer to get up to its climax, I am not sure whether that is a good thing yet or not, but Delirium is surely a more intense ride. laugh.gif

The lighting package on Psycole on is cool, I have to admit that. It is only light sthough guys. You can tell also the Delirium is not "high tech" because of the way we do have the "Pie-Cut" floor like Shaggy said instead of the simple square dropped style.

I think the colors on Delirium look better at night and day, it isn't as dark and cloomy as the gray Psyclone. The restraints on Delirium i think are some of the most comfortable inthe whole park and they are just as confotable as the Psyclone's, if not better.

What else can I say, they are both excellent rides. rolleyes.gif

But PKI is home to the Dilly! (Delirium) biggrin.gif

You can tell also the Delirium is not "high tech" because of the way we do have the "Pie-Cut" floor like Shaggy said instead of the simple square dropped style.

Many times, simple stuff is the stuff that works. I went to Hersheypark this past Sunday (WOW...if I may say so myself...) and went on the Claw, thier Chance Revolution (and I was wondering what one was six months ago... wink.gif ). Although not having nearly as large a platform as Delirium, it uses the square-drop mechanism. I actually prefer the pie-cut floor - I personally think it not only looks cooler, but is cheaper and more simple to construct and maintain.

How much of a hassle would it be if the square floor malfunctioned? You'd have to somehow get down below the floor to repair it...that could be trouble.