Family PTR on 6/3/12

IndyGuy4KI

We finally had a day we were all free and there was good weather at the park. We were a little behind to get in all of ERT, but by the time we got to the first ride in PS there was about 10 minutes left. My 6 year old son Korbin was measuring over 48" at home with a tape measure. I was hoping he hit that mark at the wrist band area in PS. Last fall he was around 47", so I was very happy when he got his 48" wristband. Proud daddy!

We stayed in PS for a few hours both Korbin and my 2 year old daughter could get some rides in. It was pretty quite over there till lunch! Korbin rode WE, SD, and FAAC with mommy while Kaylee took some rides she could ride. Then Korbin and Kaylee rode together!

Here they are in their favorite ride in PS that they can both ride.

2012-06-03_10-59-34_756.jpg

Here is Kaylee ridding a few rides!

2012-06-03_10-10-59_583.jpg

2012-06-03_10-23-52_354.jpg

Kaylee on Character Carosuel

2012-06-03_11-12-41_993.jpg

Korbin and Kaylee ridding together!

2012-06-03_10-38-06_975.jpg

After ridding most things in PS we went to Hanks for some lunch. We had a good meal there and it keept us full for quite a while. The kids enjoyed eating on patio and watching the ducks!

After lunch it was time for Korbin to hit up some bigger rides. First up was Racer! He loved it. We took Kaylee through the queue with us and did a hand off in the station letting Korbin ridding twice. Worked out great for him and we both got to enjoy his first ride oin the coaster. Unfortunately, holding a 2 year old made it hard to take pics of some of these first rides.

We then hit up AE, he loved it especially the last lift hill. He wanted to ride Vortex, so mommy took him to Vortex and Kaylee and I took a stroll through DA. Here are a few pics of her waving at the dinosaurs!

2012-06-03_13-33-03_905.jpg

2012-06-03_13-35-21_692.jpg

BLSC had a line so we skipped it to head towards The Beast. I got to ride with him first this time. I will not forget that ride with him ever. It was awesome!

We then decided to take a ride that Kaylee could also participate on the Train.

Here is mommy and the kids!

2012-06-03_15-06-00_842.jpg

I got a good pic of them looking at a passing DB train!

2012-06-03_15-07-28_374.jpg

We then wanted to let Korbin ride FD, Kaylee was starting to doze off, so Korbin and I went to ride FD.

Korbin excitedly waiting in the queue!

2012-06-03_15-59-50_911.jpg

He and I almost in the station!

2012-06-03_16-13-50_399.jpg

Tail end of the FD train.

2012-06-03_16-10-16_764.jpg

After that it was about 5:30 and everyone was getting tired. So we decided it was about time to start the 2 hr drive back to Indy.

The next day I asked Korbin to rate his favorites in order. Here is his list!

1. The Beast

2. Vortex

3. The Racer

4. AE

5. FD

Thanks for reading!

• Like 2

Brad - so glad that you (and Kim) got to enjoy some first 48" rides with Korbin. It I a wonderful feeling that you will not forget! Although you have now entered the stage where he may want to avoid Planet Snoopy (which will get tough with Kaylee) on future visits to KI.

Brad - so glad that you (and Kim) got to enjoy some first 48" rides with Korbin. It I a wonderful feeling that you will not forget! Although you have now entered the stage where he may want to avoid Planet Snoopy (which will get tough with Kaylee) on future visits to KI.

Yes, luckily she did not mind standing in the queue and getting passed off as her brother got to ride. She might realize what she is missing next time, and be a little upset about not getting to participate.

That sounded like a wonderful day. I'm glad Korbin had a great time on the big rides, and you should be glad he's willing to attack those rides that eagerly; some would be too scared of them (I wanted nothing to do with coasters myself until just a few years ago in my 20s). I smell many more fun times for him and you at amusement parks. Congratulations!

EDIT: I just noticed that he ranked Flight Deck below Adventure Express. I wonder why?

• Like 1

I just noticed that he ranked Flight Deck below Adventure Express. I wonder why?

I think because of the last lift hill. Those guys seem to do well with the kids. It was not because he did not have a good seat on FD, We rode 1-1 which to me is the best seat on FD.

Sometimes you can only wonder what goes through a kid's mind. I don't understand how the last lift hill on AE could beat 1-1 on FD, but hey: they're his rankings, and he can rank them however he likes. Any chance of seeing him at Coasting for Kids next year (or even this year, since it's not too late to register)?

Thanks for posting. Glad you had a great day at the park with family. I haven't been in that area of Planet Snoopy since the Nick Universe ages! Maybe even predating that (I mean, I can't necessarily ride them, too tall).

Sometimes you can only wonder what goes through a kid's mind. I don't understand how the last lift hill on AE could beat 1-1 on FD,..

I think it's the building suspense (or sumthin' like that), the loud chanting, theme, etc is what makes it a special hill. That, and it was his first ride and he hasn't expected the big let-down up ahead, which made it a fun surprise! :P