Bullying Campaign?

xXDrummerKiDXx

I've wanted KI to do this for a really long time and the reason I say this is because last year around this time, I lost one of my closest friends due to bullying. Two nights ago I lost another really close friend thanks to bullying. So it would be really cool to see Kings Island run an anti-bullying campaign to stop bullying.

Yes, this would be a great idea. I know a kid who just recently committed suicide due to bullying. Cyber bullying is getting worse too, I see it all the time on Facebook and Youtube. However it's an issue that is very hard to end because it happens so much.

Bullying is one of hundreds of hot topic issues right now and while I agree it would be cool if all businesses ran campaigns about it, I don't believe it is extremely high on the causes that Kings Island would be the appropriate candidate for. If Kings Island was a hot bed location for bullying I could see them wanting to raise awareness and prevention, but this seems like something that needs to be focused in the places where it's more prevalent, like schools.

• Like 2

The problem is, if KI runs an anti-bullying campaign (which I'm sure they're pubically against), what other groups are going to come in and request/demand that they're cause is supported by Kings Island. Considering the cost of said anti-bullying campaign (not that it cost all that much in the grand scheme of their budget), what benefit would Cedar Fair stand to gain? Is bullying a problem within the park? I'm sure there have been instances, but I've never seen one. Most people enjoy the park with either their family or friends. Generally when you're with your family or friends, you're pretty insulated from any bullying. I don't see how it would generate any new guests to the park, at least in significant numbers the way their breast cancer awareness campaigns have done.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your two friends. Its both tragic and sad, however, bullying is as old as man itself. King's Island could run a well intentioned campaing against bullying, I doubt it would change much. Its not like they could monitor somebody's school record or facebook acount and subsequently bar them from the park.

I've seen bullying in the park, but it's mainly people my age who feel like they have to be jerks to pick up the chicks. It's only happened to me once, but I just did the right thing and ignored it.

We live in a 1-up society.

Bullying awareness has increased as fast as the actual bullying events, most likely due to the attention it results in.

My take: bullying is an issue, over-protecting is an issue, over-sensitive is an issue, hurting yourself because of bullying is an issue and is also as selfish as the bully themself.

Finding the happy medium for all of it is next to impossible.

Instead of an anti-bullying campaign, we need to raise awareness that there are always options to hurting yourself.

-Brown, who had a family member with children recently take his own life.

• Like 1

I can count like, twenty anti-bullying campaigns right now.

Oversaturate the campaign market, and people will roll their eyes.

I'm going to suggest Kings Island go with the entertainment campaign they are already immersed in.

Guest rcfreak339

I dont see a reason why any business would have a reason not to run anti-bullying campaigns.Please,do explain Colonel,were listening.

I think what Colonel is saying is that people come to Kings Island to escape their troubles and simply enjoy their day. Not pay money to simply get yelled at about Anti bullying crap that they can hear about at home, over and over. It will only get ignored by park guests and waste time/money.

Kings Island is an amusement park, keep it that way.

• Like 1

Yes, this would be a great idea. I know a kid who just recently committed suicide due to bullying. Cyber bullying is getting worse too, I see it all the time on Facebook and Youtube. However it's an issue that is very hard to end because it happens so much.

There are many instances on KI's facebook page of people calling each other idiots, etc. While disagreeing with people isn't necessarily bullying, the way people talk to each other can be.

You can stop cyber bullying and bullying all together if you get a court order. They have to stop then or risk going to jail. That will end up on your record to the point where no one will hire you. Or block them on facebook everytime they do it. Some parents just sit around and let bullying happen to their kids too which is sad. I have seen that. What's crazy about bullying happening at a themepark is that someone tried it on me. They thought it was funny till i said that i had the number for the police office for that park and i was going to call them to have them kicked out. They wsn't laughing then. Some of the people on KI's facebook page act like kids anymore. How you act online is how people will see you in real life. I can't stand bullying.

• Like 2

^Red hair, freckles and pasty white skin. For some reason people hate gingers and are currently one of the most bullied minority in schools today.

There's a reason - South Park. There's an episode where Cartman picks on all the ginger kids because they have "no souls" ... although the whole ginger thing might have started before that .

Also, there is a video on YouTube of a ginger kid yelling and cussing at South Park for making fun of redheads and saying they do have souls. So basically it's come from the internet and other media ... there is absolutely no reason for anyone to make fun of someone because they have red hair ... so dumb.

^ Ironically the South Park episode was about why people should NOT hate Gingers or one would become like Cartman (the racist evil character in the show) . And that video of the ginger kid complaining about South Park was also joke video with no serious intentions. So both instances where went stupid people on the internet taking things too seriously or not serious enough.

xxDrummer, i think your idea is splendid. In my opinion, for the park to be involved in such a campaign is no crazier than being involved in the Susan Conan campaign in the fight against breast cancer-after all, bullying is a very serious heath issue. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter whether any of us agree with you. If you really believe in your idea, introduce your idea to the park . The worst thing they can say is no. Also, my very sincere condolences to you for the loss of both of your dear friends.