What Chili restaurant do you prefer?

BB1

^ I think it's been long enough that a new poll is not out of line. Tastes change over time, some posters have disappeared, and others (like me) have joined since then. There's no harm in getting a fresh set of opinions four years later.

As for me, Gold Star all the way. Skyline is too watery for me.

You should probably add an "other" option since Dixie, Gold Star and Skyline are not the only chili parlors in town (and the poll would get quite lengthy if you added an option for every one).

My favorite by far is Dixie. I first had it in 2009 when they were offering 80-cent coneys to celebrate their 80 years in business, and it's been my favorite ever since.

When I was a kid, I hated Skyline and always begged my parents for Gold Star instead. More so just to argue with my younger sister rather than taste.

As an adult, it's always been more about which is more convenient. I've lived in Cincinnati my whole life and think putting thin chili with chocolate spices in it over spaghetti noodles and hot dogs is an invention right up there with with the cure for polio. However, I've never been able to tell much of a difference between the different parlors. Even so, I enjoy them all.

Skyline's closer to my apartment.

Gold Star's across the street from work.

I haven't seen an Empress since I was seven.

Why would you ever get chili from Blue Ash Chili? It's all about the Double Deckers.

Price Hill, West Side, Dixie - sadly have never tried these.

If I had to pick one, it's not on this list, but it's open late and I usually end up there after a good night:

CAMP WASHINGTON.

• 1 year later...

Anymore, I don't eat Cincinnati-style chili unless I've made it myself from scratch using lean meat. All the grease in Skyline/Gold Star doesn't sit well with me, and I don't care for excessive salt and MSG.

When you make it yourself, you can use just enough for it to taste right. By the time you add cheese to make it a 3-way, most of the added MSG in Skyline is redundant.

• Like 1