Fast Lane

Jdub2012

Jeff Seibert said that about Winterfest back in 2005. too. Create a sense of urgency, hope people will buy. Often a self fulfilling prophecy. But, so far. has KI yet sold out on Fast Lane?

If there's a certain number they want to sell, and it's not happening, I wonder what the park will do then?

It's still pretty much in test mode. I'm not sure the goal is to sell a set percentage is the primary target. Rather, profit maximization, assuring Fast Lane buyers a worthwhile experience and not dramatically affecting non Fast Lane guests are probably the three major goals.

I'm wondering if enough aren't sold, if ride operations can be/will be manipulated to the point where the demand for Fast Passes increases (in other words, ensuring there are long lines).

I just couldn't help but notice how long the lines were last week, by 11AM on a weekday. The Racer's line was probably 40 people deep into the midway by noon. I know several of the rides were running less trains, etc.

Raise admission price and/or

Raise season pass price and/or

Raise parking price.

If done optimally:

Fewer guests, less waiting, enhanced guest experience, higher profits.

Fast Lane?

Free parking, free admission, free season passes. Long, long lines. Poor guest experience. Park loses money.

Smart pricing equals happy guests, happy employees and happy unit holders. What is the exact best pricing? Exactly how much? There's the rub.

KI wait times are pretty much always over estimated too.I have been keeping track this year.Last Sat night the sign for The Beast said 90 minutes,i asked the employee,he said 90 minutes.We waited exactly 41 minutes.DB always depends on if the Fastlane people are going crazy on it at the time.Its gone over and under the wait time for us by several minutes.

We were up there Friday night, and at 7:30 there was still a girl in the Fast Lame booth. I assume they did not sell out for the day, but can't imagine that anyone would be so dumb as to pay full price for the pass with less than 3 hours of operation left in the day.

Then again, I have over-estimated the average consumer before....

Same thing on Saturday ^. Longest wait was either Firehawk (45 minsish) or Invertigo (30 mins or so). Flight of Fear had a posted time of about an hour, and our group decided not to test it. We actually looked at fast passes because 2 of our group was from out of town and we wanted to make sure they got on all of the rides... 140$ for 4 people. Totally not worth it for my wife and I as we live 25 mins from the park. We could come back to try other rides as needed. But I felt bad for others in our party because it was just priced out of their price range. $36 x 2 = $72 for tickets + $26 for dinner in the park (packed our lunch) = $98 for 2 people in the park. Now adding an additional $70 to that price? Little too high for us....

that being said, my wife and I may do that on our trip to Orlando this year...