June 11 (Reds Day)

coasterfanatic83

This morning I took my little brother to the park to ride some rides and go see some of his favorite Cincinatti Reds players. He loved hearing them talk about all sorts of things! He said he had a great day, and that he loved going with me to Kings Island (which was my favorite part of the day).

In terms of rides, Flight Deck was only running one train, and BLSC was only running two, which caused slower lines. I also noticed (and maybe I'm crazy) that there wasn't a hitch on Flight Deck's lift hill. WindSeeker also got stuck at the top of the tower for about 20 minutes, and didn't re-open while we were still there. My brother doesn't really like rides, but will do some of the smaller stuff, so I didn't do too many of the bigger rollercoasters, but it looked like mostly everything was less than a 5 minute wait.

Overall, I had a great day at a mostly empty park, and spent some good time with my younger brother :)

• Like 2

Glad you had fun!

Flight Deck was only running one train [...] I also noticed (and maybe I'm crazy) that there wasn't a hitch on Flight Deck's lift hill.

Which suggests that my theory about that hitch is correct. I've always figured that the hitch is caused by the block system, in that the computer won't let the train on the lift hill proceed past that point until the other train has cleared the brake run. With only one train, that would not be an issue, thereby eliminating the hitch.

Can anyone on here confirm that?