Another Fast Lane Question

Banshee72

I'm a newbie and yes, I realize that there are already 2 threads dedicated to "Fast Lane". Please bare with me as I have looked through a lot of those theads already. Many of the posters have mentioned how nice they were and how the enjoyed the park much better with a pass. My girlfriend and I are driving down from Columbus this sat and I have bought the Fast Lane passes for both of us. Question is this: How much time do you actually save? If the line for The Beast is 90 minutes long..should I expect 30 minutes? 15 minutes? Just a lot of people seem to be saying they either like it or not but not giving a lot of specifics. I expect to be flamed but I am grateful to anyone who can give me an honest answer.

Welcome to KIC!

From my experiences at the park, the lines for Fast Lane are VERY short. I spend most of my time at Diamondback and Beast. And they are a lot of the time a walk on. I would assume that they are that way the rest of the park. ON a Saturday in the Summer, it is a very wise choice....

Correct me if Im wrong

Walked on....enjoyed...walked on... got flung around like a rag doll....walked on....spun like a top......walked on...dropped like a brick....walked on...defied gravity....walked on....walked on.....!!!!

I hope you have the time of your life....we did.

Welcome fellow traveler.

Cedar Point manages Fast Lane differently then KI Does.

Any Idea how Canada's Wonderland does there Fast Lane? I'm going there later this summer.

Wonderland has been constantly tweaking it throughout the season to get the best balance of Fast Lane users and regular guests.

I haven't used Fast Lane yet, but based on what I've seen during my multiple visits, Fast Lane users are held back before entering any coaster station. When it comes time to let more guests into the station, the attendant will usually split it up about 1/3 Fast Lane users and 2/3 regular line. Sometimes more, sometimes less all depending on the number of guests in each queue. The Fast Lane queue for Leviathan on some of the busier days so far has reportedly been 15-20 minutes (compared to a 90-120 minute wait in the regular queue).

At Kings Dominion, you can only use Fast Lane two times per day on Volcano. A system like that isn't a bad idea for low capacity rides like Firehawk and brand new rides like Leviathan... if it's actually adhered to. Does the wristband have two little boxes that a ride operator checks off with a permanent marker, or are they relying on memory?

At Busch Gardens, the Quick Queue pass gets you one priority boarding per ride except Verbolten. The Unlimited Quick Queue provides unlimited priority boarding on each ride except Verbolten. The Unlimited Quick Queue PLUS offers unlimited priority boarding on all rides and one priority boarding on Verbolten. Again, not a terrible way to handle things on rides that garner infamously long lines anyway.

Any Idea how Canada's Wonderland does there Fast Lane? I'm going there later this summer.

Wonderland has been constantly tweaking it throughout the season to get the best balance of Fast Lane users and regular guests.

I haven't used Fast Lane yet, but based on what I've seen during my multiple visits, Fast Lane users are held back before entering any coaster station. When it comes time to let more guests into the station, the attendant will usually split it up about 1/3 Fast Lane users and 2/3 regular line. Sometimes more, sometimes less all depending on the number of guests in each queue. The Fast Lane queue for Leviathan on some of the busier days so far has reportedly been 15-20 minutes (compared to a 90-120 minute wait in the regular queue).

Good to know,thats why I'm going to CW is for Leviathan. I heard they have had issues with long lines for that one and for good reason. I myself can't wait to ride a 300 foot B&M coaster.

My wife and I went to KI yesterday with Fast passes and we apparently were the only ones using them - walked on every ride we wanted to (with the guidance of a ride-op, of course). Granted, park attendance didn't seem that heavy, but nevertheless, I can't say enough about spending extra for these. Ironically, the Fast Lane passes allow you to slow down. We were really able to relax and enjoy the whole park at our leisure.

• Like 1

See this is what they should be doing at KI for when it comes to DB. They litterally let everyone in the Fast Lane que in at the same time, sometimes making the normal line stand still for over 10 minutes.

Just an update: I used Fast Lane this past weekend at Wonderland and pretty much everything I wrote earlier can be confirmed. It's not so much a "line skipping" system as much as it is a "line reduction" system, as you'll still have to wait a few cycles on average before getting on the ride. Leviathan's Fast Lane queue was extending down the stairs, making the wait just over 10 minutes. Ditto with Behemoth.

Overall, if you're planning a trip to CW this summer Fast Lane is essential if you want to get a lot of riding in. Based on the crowds I've seen the past few visits, the park is going to be completely packed this summer.

I have seen them managing the two queues at KI, at not only Diamondback but also even Vortex. And as others have mentioned, they do it at CP as well, but of course there are more "headline" attractions there. It definitely does not guarantee you instant access to the ride, ahead of everyone else in the standby (for lack of a better term) line.

Just an update: I used Fast Lane this past weekend at Wonderland and pretty much everything I wrote earlier can be confirmed. It's not so much a "line skipping" system as much as it is a "line reduction" system, as you'll still have to wait a few cycles on average before getting on the ride. Leviathan's Fast Lane queue was extending down the stairs, making the wait just over 10 minutes. Ditto with Behemoth.

Overall, if you're planning a trip to CW this summer Fast Lane is essential if you want to get a lot of riding in. Based on the crowds I've seen the past few visits, the park is going to be completely packed this summer.

Thanks, ya that's kinda what I thought about CW, last time I was there it was packed, which from what I heard is normal. I bought my fast passes for the days I'm there a few days ago!

I bought a Fast Lane and it was amazing! I pretty much went straight to the front of the line each time. I did have to wait a couple of minutes for some roller coasters, but not that long. (Under 10 minutes.) I got to ride Diamondback 6 times and a bunch of the other roller coasters and rides more than once. I've been going to Kings Island ever since I was 4 or 5, but I think that was the most fun I've ever had at KI thanks to no lines. I wasn't even as tired at the end of the day as I normally am. Partly because I didn't have to waste time standing for hours, and partly because I was able to relax instead of worrying about going from line to line. I'm definitely getting it again in the future! I can't imagine not having it now that it's here.

I can see this being a good investment if you're coming here on a vacation, but for people who live close and have season passes, I don't know if it's worth it. I've had a season pass just about every year and I've always gotten to ride whatever I wanted. The key is to go up during a weekday evening when the attendance is not so heavy. This is what's good about having a season pass. If I was coming from out of town though, I'd definitely look into it so that I could get more ride time out of my day.