Something interesting on Carowinds website

homestar92

Yes, this is KI related (kinda)...

Is this Don?

http://www.carowinds.com/rides/Planet-Snoopy/Woodstock-Gliders

I saw that and I was like, "wait, what?" It seems fitting though that he would want to ride a Kings Island classic while at Carowinds. I was there yesterday and I experienced this great ride for the first time (and yes, I managed to make it snap. Mission Accomplished). Definitely a fun ride. Much more enjoyable than the impossible basketball game we got in its place.

He could also be thinking of a plan on how to sneak them back! :ph34r:

How has someone not begun a "Bring back the Eagles" campaign? It is completely ridiculous that Paramount moved a beloved AND historically meaningful ride to another park (and clientele) that has no clue of its history. And, as an added kick in the pants, they placed in in Kiddie Land. Bring back the Eagles.

• Like 2

^ I fully agree with you, and I do believe there should be a campaign for that. And I could also say that there might be some people in a management position at the park who are thinking the same thing. But the kids who call Carowinds their home park, who have memories of riding that ride now and then Kings Island taking it back is no different than what Paramount did to us.

Much more enjoyable than the impossible basketball game we got in its place.

Guess that depends on who you are. I enjoy the benefits of having a 3 point challenge game a whole lot more.

If it's impossible, how is it that 4 different people have achieved a perfect scores at KI? If it's impossible why do they have weekly and yearly prize limits? If it's impossible, how come every park in the Cedar Fair chain offers a iPad for a perfect game and KI doesn't? I have over 30 jerseys and a PS Vita bundle from KI this season alone in my closet that proves to me that it is indeed possible.

If the Flying Scooters Eagles weren't taken out, something else (probably in Coney) probably would have been removed and transported to the flagship. Don't you guys love Shake Rattle and Roll, the Scrambler, or the Monster?

Adding on, why could Kings Mills Log Flume be saved, yet not Eagles?

Believe me, I want the Eagles back too. I even had fantasies when I was younger that they were being kept in storage on Kings Island property, that the park didn't have enough money to operate them (or something like that). Do I want them back? Heck yeah. Are we gonna get them back? Most likely, no.

He seems to go to Carowinds about once a year for both business and pleasure. Always sends me a text to taunt me saying that he's about to get on the ride. I always offer to rent a flat bed so we can steal our ride back, but he always declines. Maybe he doesn't have his CDL or something...?