Dress Code at KI

khaoskat

Ok, I thought I had read in the park rules that you had to wear shirts, shorts, and shoes. That if you were in a swim suit, for a girl, you had to have a shirt on over your bikini top (or the top of your one piece)? And if you were a guy, you had to have a shirt as well?

I have seen numerous tweens, teens, and adults (especially females) getting on and off rides just wearing bikini tops in the park.

When I was at Dorney last weekend, three women came up to ride Talon wearing either shorts or bikini bottoms (at least one of them had on shorts) and bikini tops, the ride operators made them leave the line until they had proper clothing to ride on! I'd give the ride op a big kudos!

I went to Kings Island and I came to realize how much I appreciate Holiday Worlds very conservative dress code. I saw so many belly buttons, boobs, offensive t-shirts, dudes with shirts off. Normally, this doesn't at all bother me. But it was kinda pestering. Me and my girlfriend were actually playing a game of trying to find classy-dressing people throughout the park. The restraints were people who looked "cute yet conservative." It was actually pretty entertaining while waiting in line.

Now you see, I go to Holiday World about 20 times a year. I'm used to their dress code. Even walking down the midways, you'll get stopped by park staff and asked to either put a shirt on or change an offensive one.

Actually, one time I was walking up the hill out of Splahin Safari while wearing a cutoff. In the humidity, my cutoff had rolled up at the cut just enough where it revealed one of my nipples. Being a guy, normally this wouldn't be "too" offensive. But halfway between the exit of SS and Hallowswings, I was stopped by a park employee and asked to change. When I claimed that I didn't have another shirt, they provided me a new shirt. A Cleveland Browns shirt actually. Makes me wonder where they got it. Oh well. Lol

• Like 1

Guest TombraiderTy

Bikini tops qualify as tops and are acceptable on the midways and on the rides. Shorts (versus bikini bottoms) are still required though.

When I was at Six Flags Great Adventure last weekend, three women came up to ride Talon wearing either shorts or bikini bottoms (at least one of them had on shorts) and bikini tops, the ride operators made them leave the line until they had proper clothing to ride on! I'd give the ride op a big kudos!

Talon is at Dorney Park.

I personally feel that a bikini top is too revealing and should wear a tee shirt or shirt to cover it up. It is ok at the water park, but not for general wear in the dry side of the park. Can imagine riding a ride with extreme G forces and it causes a Janet Jackson type wardrobe malfunction?

I went to Kings Island and I came to realize how much I appreciate Holiday Worlds very conservative dress code. I saw so many belly buttons, boobs, offensive t-shirts, dudes with shirts off. Normally, this doesn't at all bother me. But it was kinda pestering. Me and my girlfriend were actually playing a game of trying to find classy-dressing people throughout the park. The restraints were people who looked "cute yet conservative." It was actually pretty entertaining while waiting in line.

If you see a tall guy in sandals, cargo shorts and a hawaiian shirt, say hi! "Classy" is debatable, but I'm covered anyway. :)

I personally feel that a bikini top is too revealing and should wear a tee shirt or shirt to cover it up. It is ok at the water park, but not for general wear in the dry side of the park. Can imagine riding a ride with extreme G forces and it causes a Janet Jackson type wardrobe malfunction?

My wife experienced one of those on The Racer, and was dressed appropriately - we were there after work. She learned that one particular bra is not to be worn on coasters!

My daughter and I saw a girl in line at The Racer who had on shorts over her bikini. Sadly, she had them unbuttoned, unzipped and folded back to show off the very low-cut bikini and - ugh - razor burn. Ride ops said nothing, even though checking restraints had to make it clear that the barn door was wide open. Maybe I could have said something, but then I look like the middle-aged perv checking out the girls. Tough call.

When I was at Six Flags Great Adventure last weekend, three women came up to ride Talon wearing either shorts or bikini bottoms (at least one of them had on shorts) and bikini tops, the ride operators made them leave the line until they had proper clothing to ride on! I'd give the ride op a big kudos!

Talon is at Dorney Park.

Haha, my bad! Went to Dorney and Six Flags that weekend. Yes, this did happen at Dorney on the loading station of Talon. --edited my original post--

Some employees do enforce the "guys must have a shirt on" rule apparently. Earlier this month while at KI, an area manager who was walking through Rivertown noticed a guy walking around with his shirt draped around his shoulders. The manager stopped and made the guy put his shirt on.

Actually, one time I was walking up the hill out of Splahin Safari while wearing a cutoff. In the humidity, my cutoff had rolled up at the cut just enough where it revealed one of my nipples. Being a guy, normally this wouldn't be "too" offensive. But halfway between the exit of SS and Hallowswings, I was stopped by a park employee and asked to change. When I claimed that I didn't have another shirt, they provided me a new shirt. A Cleveland Browns shirt actually. Makes me wonder where they got it. Oh well. Lol

Hilarious!

The rules might not be enforced by all the employees at Kings Island. Many of them are just teenagers working a job and they don't really care. Shirts are required on rides, as well as shoes (even if they're flip flops).

I wouldn't think about wearing just a bikini top. One weird whip of the wind and one is undone.

All the better to loose your top, squeal with your girlfriends, pretend to be morbidly embarrassed, then tweet about it!