What are the best locker deals?

cas

Long story short, I need to get a locker every time I go to KI. I'm being dropped off everytime, so I can't store my stuff in a car. The cheapest lockers (for all day) that I know of are $12, which adds up when you go many times.

Are the $2 lockers that are available for 2 hours at a time regulated? Should I take the risk?

I've heard that there are other all-day lockers throughout that park (like across from the festhaus) are cheaper, but I've never really checked. Does anyone know if this is true?

The only all-day lockers that I know of are those at the main gate and those in Soak City, which are all the same price ($12/$15/$21 for small/medium/large the last time I checked). The hourly lockers as of June 10 had had their prices reduced to $1/hour regular and $2/hour large, but the minimum rental is two hours (you can also select four, six, or eight hours when you rent it). I'm not sure what you mean by "regulated", but if your time expires, your passcode will be deactivated, and the only way to get back into your locker is to go back to the kiosk, select "Open Expired Locker", and pay the overtime charges (I assume this is just the hourly charges that have accrued since expiration, but there may also be a penalty that I don't know about). For this reason, you should always ensure that you do not put ALL of your money into the locker, otherwise if you get stuck on a ride for an hour and your locker expires, you will have no way to retrieve your items.

this gives me an idea of how KI could add a huge value to their season pass holders at little cost. Have a "coat check" or "bag check" in this case up around the international restaurant. Any gold pass holder can check 1 bag up there for free, as many times as they'd like. I wonder how many bins you'd have to have, put a scannable tag on each bag that comes in, connected thru your pass #. make it such that tips are "suggested" to pay the person covering the area.

Standard airport disclaimer how KI is not responsible for the bag nor contents left in the bag to give them legal protection and protection against fraud, and you gold pass just got a ton more valueable for those that like to rent lockers for a day.

this gives me an idea of how KI could add a huge value to their season pass holders at little cost. Have a "coat check" or "bag check" in this case up around the international restaurant. Any gold pass holder can check 1 bag up there for free, as many times as they'd like. I wonder how many bins you'd have to have, put a scannable tag on each bag that comes in, connected thru your pass #. make it such that tips are "suggested" to pay the person covering the area.

Standard airport disclaimer how KI is not responsible for the bag nor contents left in the bag to give them legal protection and protection against fraud, and you gold pass just got a ton more valueable for those that like to rent lockers for a day.

KI did have a coat check and would even hold your purchases for you when the park first opened. It would be rather difficult to do today due to the much larger crowds the park attracts (not to mention the amount of space needed to handle such operations).

If I remember correctly, Disney has a purchase/delivery to the front gate option so you don't have to lug purchases around.....Not sure if that would work at KI or for the oversized stuffed animials....Personal items would be another issue.

I wonder how $21 dollars was determined as a reasonable fee...

I guess I'll take any purchases to my car, if I decide to make any purchases (and with fees like that......I won't be making any).....and eat my packed lunch while I'm there. :)

• Like 1

If after charging $21 for lockers and lots of lockers go empty, then the price is too high. If after charging $21 for lockers and the demand lockers has greatly increased, then the price is too low. But if after charging $21 for the lockers and the lockers are sold out and the demand decreases, then it is priced just right. Higher demand, fewer lockers available, then price is higher. If the lockers go unused, then the price is too high. But if demand equals the supply of lockers at the given price, then it is priced accurately. It is taught in college in Econ 101. If you were to lower the price of lockers so low that you love the great deal, then good luck in finding locker to secure your valuables. Your trunk in your car is your best bet. I travel light going to the park. I leave my expensive camera home.

Thanks for the Econ 101 supply and demand lesson, but that still doesn't explain the initial $21 dollars (which is way more than last years rate), except that the price was thrown at a wall as a starting point and with a captive audience of customers, alot of people will pay because they have no other choice but to pay. In the end the higher locker price may have an effect on purchases.

I too travel light with a very limited amount of cash only.....so purchasing of souvenirs usually doesn't occur. I buy what is necessary such as sunglasses (if I destroy or lose a pair etc.)

I dropped out of using lockers pre-Paramount, but most definitely won't be "leasing" a locker for the day.

Keep in mind that the $21 price is for the large lockers, of which there are not many. These are meant for large groups to share a locker. The small all-day lockers, which make up the majority of lockers and are (or should be) sufficient for a single person (or two people if you pack light), are only $12. That's still expensive, but not as much as the large lockers. There are also medium lockers for $15 if the small locker isn't quite big enough but you don't want to pay for a large locker.

I can't stomach the price either, so I either walk to the car or somebody watches our stuff. Still, KI has never done what CP did at Shoot the Rapids. They will not allow you to carry your gear, and there is noplace to leave it at the station. You're pretty much forced to use their $2 (per use) lockers or not ride with the kids. When the darned locker took my dollar coins and didn't open, well - you can imagine. Karma smiled though, and a blue-shirt was nearby. I asked if they maintained the lockers and got the affirmative. I explained the problem, told them which locker, and they immediately opened the coin box, fixed the problem, and gave me back my two $1 coins. There was no sign for who to call though, if that person hadn't been there, and it's a MIGHTY long walk to Guest Services from that point in CP!

I recently found lockers by The Racer that are apparently $2 and I didn't see any kind of "hourly" sign. They're the old lockers that use keys instead of a pass code. Does anyone know if these are available?

I can't stomach the price either, so I either walk to the car or somebody watches our stuff. Still, KI has never done what CP did at Shoot the Rapids. They will not allow you to carry your gear, and there is noplace to leave it at the station. You're pretty much forced to use their $2 (per use) lockers or not ride with the kids.

Firehawk...?

• Like 1

I can't stomach the price either, so I either walk to the car or somebody watches our stuff. Still, KI has never done what CP did at Shoot the Rapids. They will not allow you to carry your gear, and there is noplace to leave it at the station. You're pretty much forced to use their $2 (per use) lockers or not ride with the kids.

Firehawk...?

Which I've never understood. What is the purpose of not allowing riders to leave bags in the station other than to force people to use lockers? Your items would actually be safer in Firehawk's station than any other coaster station (except the single-train coasters) because there aren't other riders running through the station while you're on the course. They allow flip-flops, prescription glasses, and souvenir cups to be left in the station, so what reason is there that you couldn't leave anything else? Don't give me the response of "Duh, there's no bins"; first, Invertigo does not have bins, yet riders may leave bags in the station, and second, the lack of bins now does not prevent them from installing bins later.

• Like 2

Firehawk...?

LOL, Firehawk turns me green, so I've only ridden once. :P

Long story short, I need to get a locker every time I go to KI. I'm being dropped off everytime, so I can't store my stuff in a car. The cheapest lockers (for all day) that I know of are $12, which adds up when you go many times.

Are the $2 lockers that are available for 2 hours at a time regulated? Should I take the risk?

I've heard that there are other all-day lockers throughout that park (like across from the festhaus) are cheaper, but I've never really checked. Does anyone know if this is true?

What items will you be taking with you?

• 4 weeks later...

I used the timed lockers at Cedar Point earlier in the season. Couldn't be happier, as we only needed the lockers for the time we spent on TTD and Millennium Force (due to a lack of bins or location to place loose articles). My question is, why are lockers a necessity? I've seen people bring in the park numerous things, big bags, etc. Is everything really necessary? Don't get me wrong, I think the prices of the all day lockers are a bit much, the timed ones are just right, but is it necessary to complain about having to pay the price to get a locker to store all the things you may not even use or need? Travel light or keep your items in the car, you can get a hand-stamp for re-entry, no extra cost there.

• Like 2

^ Nice find!

Thank-you! :)

EDIT: I'm taking coasterdime's word; someone may want to inform GS of this as I just called KI and asked, and was informed they do not have chargers.

The last time I was there, which was about a month ago, I saw a sign advertising said lockers. Either they removed them or GS is mistaken.