Son of Beast/ Flight Deck Over Haul

logandmeredith@gmail.com

AZ definitely needs an overhaul. The original post is ambitious IMHO. But whatever he heard he heard, not credible to me though. I think removal is SOB and replacement with 1 new big or multiple smaller rides gives TG new life, so if an overhaul is coming I see no reason to get rid of it. That is unless KI is really thinking of a Northenterance, which I think could be enhanced by keeping TG there do guests have a coaster right of The Bat as they enter.

Well i guess they kind of already have with the new painting of Invertigo..... Shouldn't we be seeing other signs soon?

One would think but it would be a multi-year project I believe. But I really don't think the source is all that credible.

The only reason I see use in a North Entrance is for GWL, which never looks all that packed to me. I say priority should go to getting rid of SOB and replacing it in some way. How they do that idk, but that would make a statement that change is coming by taking the step to remove it.

It takes literally like 2 minutes to get to Invertigo from the main gate. To add another entrance anywhere other than AZ (which really, REALLY doesn't need it) would basically require adding a second parking lot. And even then, the only place where you could have room for an entrance without interfering with residential areas would be X-base. Though admittedly, if there were an X-Base entrance, I'd use it every time to get my morning rides on Firehawk/FoF out of the way as quickly as possible before lines get long.

Carowinds still has two entrances. One in South Carolina, and one that straddles the state line. Though I don't know it they use the South entrance as it was closed when I was there, but considering that it is on the map, I would say they do sometimes. I mean, we know how Cedar Fair likes to take things they don't use off of the map even if their presence is painfully obvious.

Carowinds had two entrances, one in each state.

Then Cedar Fair took over.

Six Flags Over Georgia had two gates. Then Six Flags got new management....

Carowinds uses the South entrance on very busy days, I believe.

Where was the second SFOG entrance?

And lastly, Worlds of Fun once had two entrances, but no longer does. And as we all know, Cedar Point has a ton.

Geauga Lake had two entrances, one in each county...

Then they made the park more "family friendly."

http://www.crainscle...02030/1071/2020#

Like they are doing to KI,....

http://www.daytondai...ed-1367344.html

I may be misreading your post but its not fair to compare GL to KI. GL was a park situated very close to the flagship park of the franchise. GL was a park that had coasters shipped out to make it "family friendly." Currently, CF is going throug ha "family friendly" process of improving food services and keeping families in the park. Not sure you can honestly say that a companies decision from years ago is the same as the new decisions the park company is making...

• Like 1

Geauga Lake had two entrances, one in each county...

Then they made the park more "family friendly."

http://www.crainscle...02030/1071/2020#

Like they are doing to KI,....

http://www.daytondai...ed-1367344.html

I may be misreading your post but its not fair to compare GL to KI. GL was a park situated very close to the flagship park of the franchise. GL was a park that had coasters shipped out to make it "family friendly." Currently, CF is going throug ha "family friendly" process of improving food services and keeping families in the park. Not sure you can honestly say that a companies decision from years ago is the same as the new decisions the park company is making...

I wasn't comparing the two parks. I was merely pointing out that CF tends to use (almost word for word) the same talking points over and over. I honestly think that every time they use the term "family friendly," it should be followed by "unless your family happens to like roller coasters."

The only reason for an additional north enterance, would be if they were to build up another area beyond SOB. I'm not sure how much of that land is reasonally usuably due to elevation terrain in regards to moving people around, but if things were to stay as are, there would be no need for it.

SOB took up a lot of room, I just don't see them adding another area to KI . It would be cool but I just don't see it. Maybe one or two coasters? But not a whole area. Now AZ does need an updated look. Maybe in the near-by future they will.

You don't happen to tell fortunes do you?