return of trams?

Sonofbeast2.0

i wonder if we will see a return of the trams that drop and pick up from parking lot? the new CEO of CF came from Disney and they used trams to transport people to and from their cars. they could put up 5-10 stations for people to get on and off in the parking lot and offer 4-5 trams for the main park then 1-2 for water park with 2-3 stations to stand and wait for the tram at. each tram have 5 cars that can hold 25-30 people for a total of 125-150 people per tram. the park is getting busier each year and GP holders don't get their small close parking area anymore.

little things help start the day great and on a positive note.

Kings Island is still a local destination with some regional flair, but doesn't attract the number of people that a Disney park does. Consequently, the parking lot is nowhere near as large as a Disney lot, and on any given day doesn't get even close to capacity, so offering 5 - 10 stops (which means the first person on has to wait through 4 - 9 more?) is really superfluous and would make the tram take longer than walking in 90% of situations.

At Busch Gardens Williamsburg or Disneyland, space requires that parking lots are scattered along and outside of the property, which necessitates the use of a tram. Kings Island doesn't have that same limitation (though the parking lot could definitely be made more pedestrian friendly, I think, and we might see that if an off-season re-pave ever happens). In other words, a tram at Kings Island would be a courtesy for many, but not a useful method of transportation or a quick way to the front gate.

That said, I know there are people here who were unable to spend precious time at the park with family members dealing with mobility impairments, and a tram should be offered to help with situations like those... I just think that it's not something the park needs to offer to all guests, because it takes more time, money, manpower, and gas than it's worth.

It kind of goes back to the VIP parking thing - is it really worth it to park yourself a hundred yards closer when you'll literally walk miles over the course of the day? But for mobility impairments, yes. I think it would be good of the park to offer transportation for that kind of situation.

The huge operational costs would keep the Park from bringing back the trams. There will be huge fuel costs, maintenance, labor, insurance, liability for accidents, and trams will have to be wheelchair equipped for the disabled. If you thought SOB had huge legal costs, wait until the first accident involving a tram and wait for the lawsuits to follow. As for going from the dry park to Soak City, just take the train between each sections. I do not look for trams being brought back.

I think that having something like the trams would be great to have again, especially from a customer service perspective. It seems like it would help give the impression of "we're glad you're at the park", instead of "here's our park, and don't be afraid to throw plenty of money around!" (possibly by doing the first thing, the second thing may actually happen with even more frequency).

• Like 2

I think a great transport idea would be extended golf carts (like the ones in the GF at WDW) for transport from the parking lot to KI, being electric they wont take up fuel, and it would mean that the guests can come to the park quicker to use their money in the park.

I like the idea of bringing them back as a purely sentimental thing. I can't see a business or practical reason to bring them back, given the expenses involved. The lot just isn't big enough, and there is ample handicap parking for the mobility impaired. I'd prefer to see them build a garage to put the same spaces in a smaller footprint and use the remaining area for more rides.

They paved paradise

And put up an SoB

With a big loop, a double helix

And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go

That you don't know what you've got

Till it's gone

They paved paradise

And put up an SoB

They took all the trees

Put 'em in treated fluid

And they charged the people