Park Police Guys

Suplies!2004

No problem, hey dont count on what I said, im not at all sur about who they are. There are all sorts of security people, im sure they all have a definate purpose, its just who knows what those purposes are? Next time you're at the park just ask Guest Relations or call 1-800-288-0808 the guest relation toll free number.

Dont know who hired them or were they came from but they threw out 4 punks from SOB on friday(those were the first people i called security on and the first people i threw out of the park so go me) and thanks for the help guys couldnt do it without security

• Like 1

The folks in the black shirts are employed by the park, and they are full time police officers. They have the same state-mandated training that any other police officer in Ohio must have. They carry guns, mace, and all that nice stuff. They are referred to as "king" units. I think there are less than 10 of them, though. I got to know a couple of them fairly well when I worked in the parking lot. Their purpose is to be a police officer and deal with the stuff cops need to deal with at the park, and of course to provide backup to secuirty. They also patrol the park in the off-season to protect against vandals and such.

The park also occasionally uses the Mason PD, Ohio Highway Patrol, and Warren County Sheriff/Deerfield Township PD. I think the Mason cops they use are School Resource Officers the rest of the year.

That is true. However, I have seen, on several times, days when there are Mason city cops patroling the parking lot or riding on the maintenance road back by The Beast. While PKI has its own police force, Mason city Cops are the backup force, and I think they have some sort of deal in which Mason assists in some of the surveillance of the parking lot. Anyone know for sure?

The Kings Island Police Department is probably like the UC Police Department. UC`s Police Department has jurisdiction of all police matters on campus. If for some reason they need assistance, they call in the City of Cincinnati Cops. I`m sure PKI has some sort of mutual relationship similar to the UC/Cincinnati Police.

That is true.  However, I have seen, on several times, days when there are Mason city cops patroling the parking lot or riding on the maintenance road back by The Beast.  While PKI has its own police force, Mason city Cops are the backup force, and I think they have some sort of deal in which Mason assists in some of the surveillance of the parking lot.  Anyone know for sure?

Yes Mason PD and Deerfield Twp PD assist with at least the parking lot. I believe they help out a lot with inside-the-park matters also. I was once personally given a subpoena by a Mason cop on SOB last year - he came and asked where I was, scared the pants of of Drew. I've seen Ohio Highway Patrol officers in uniform at several park events as well.

I certainly don't know for sure what the "agreement" is if any, but I know that PKI is legally considered part of Mason (the trial was in Mason city court), so I would think that Mason PD has some authority here.

This is probably the same as the police in any other theme park (like Cedar Point, for example has a very similar one), CVG airport, or a college campus (UC, XU, OSU, etc). Do they occasionally ask for "back-up" from other municipalities? Probably. I would think that its hard to have 10 cops control 10,000 people - and thats on a slow day! Besides, I think pretty much all cops are doing pretty much the same thing whereever they are. I would think that there is somewhat of a brotherhood within any police force - kinda like what you see with firefighters.

Two stupid posts on the same day. Yes they are real cops, if they weren't they would not be able to carry guns. They are part of a local police force, which I do not know. I just know that my brother was told by his MP Seargent to try and get on with Mason Police so he could work in PKI since most of his training is controlling large groups of people at events like the Kentucky Derby and such. So I'm sure Mason has at least a couple in the park.