Coke swelter stopper

Sonofbeast2.0

Why the heck would they put this "Coke Swelter Stopper" inside Soak City? "Inside the Swelter Stopper, frosty bursts of air and snow welcome visitors to an icy oasis in June." Yeah that's exactly what I want when I'm soaking wet, a nice frosty burst of air! I would, however, enjoy a nice frosty burst of air and a refreshing Coke if I were walking around the main, dry park. Seems a little off to me.

• Like 1

This. Freestyle machines. Luminosity by the Other Brand at Cedar Point.

You'd think the cola contract expires the end of this season or something.

Which contract is expiring? CF's Pepsi contract or the Coke contract inherited from Paramount (or at least that's my understanding of why some parks have one and others have the other)? Or are both expiring simultaneously?

This. Freestyle machines. Luminosity by the Other Brand at Cedar Point.

You'd think the cola contract expires the end of this season or something.

Which contract is expiring? CF's Pepsi contract or the Coke contract inherited from Paramount (or at least that's my understanding of why some parks have one and others have the other)? Or are both expiring simultaneously?

Both. I doubt Cedar Fair will be a two cola chain in 2013.

Uh....it's a sponsorship. Pepsi paid a substantial sum of money to be the sponsor. Doubtless, that sponsorship does not extend beyond the term of the Pepsi contract, but the contract for the sponsorship may provide that the show will go unsponsored for X time should Pepsi lose the contract.

Coke would not want to be seen as a fungible commodity.

Why does there need to be a sponsor? The quotable Sammy K in my signature is sponsored by companies such as Remo, Yamaha, Zildjian, etc, and he gets free stuff from those sponsors. So did Pepsi pay for part of the construction, operating costs, or just pure advertisments?

I think Pepsi did pay for part of it as being a sponsor. I know the Carly Rae Jepson concert is being sponsored by Pepsi, Drug Mart (I don't think they have Drug Mart in Cincinnati) and KISS FM (a Cleveland radio station) so I'm sure they all contributed to getting Carly at Cedar Point.

I think they both expire after this year. I'd like to see the Pepsi contract renewed, it's sooooo much better.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner*. Bryan Edwards (a marketing manager from Cedar Point) said just this at the ACE Northern Ohio Holiday Party back in December. He also added on that we'd likely see a competition of sorts between the brands to get a contract renewal for 2013 and onward. Guess that's where the Freestyle machines and Luminosity sponsorships are coming from.

*Well, mostly. You're pretty much wrong about Pepsi being better. ;)

• Like 1

I went to this swelter stopper today. I believe that it was actually a RV, it had many TV's and a back room for videos. Once again like the Disney pavilion, they had "ice" as a counter for the cups of cola. The music was ok, a tad bit loud (Where is it not?) in my opinion. All together a good 10 on my scale, I hope the CF-CCP union in KI stays, the Coca-Cola company always finds ways to make me want their product, Pepsi never has, the only product I drink of theirs is the Mountain Dew.

• Like 1

Coca-Cola had a chance to buy Pepsi co, but did not. That is ancient history. Maybe Cedar Fair will go with Big K kroger is a national company, just kidding.

But I choose Coca-Cola, and it will be the main provider of soda for the whole Cedar Fair chain I would hope. Now about red gold if they came out with a dipper container like Heinz did that would be great, I know Chick Filet has those new dipper containers able to squeeze or dip!