Plus Size Riders on Planet Snoopy Roller Coasters?

mag1974

I am a plus size person (Size 18 - 20 Women's Pants) and am considering taking my 6 year old niece to Kings Island later this summer. She is over 48" tall. There are several posts about plus size riders on the bigger roller coasters. So I know we'll be able to ride most of them but she hasn't rode a lot of roller coasters yet so I thought we might start small and work our way up to The Beast. Does anyone have any guidance about plus size riders on the Flying Aerial Chase and the Woodstock Express?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Never been on the aerial chase (but should soon now that my son is 44") but woodstock express has plenty of room for anybody's upperbody I would think, lots of room there, however on the leg side, the cars are fairly short. I'm not the tallest person in the world 5'9"-5'10" but I usually slide my knees over to my son's side of the seat so they're not banging on the seat ahead.

I've never tried the pumpkin coaster (the smallest coaster in the park) as my son rode with his mom the first couple times last year, then his cousin that usually tagged along with us before growing tall enough for The Beastie last summer, at which point that ride was pretty much history. Based upon watching him load, I'll assume size wouldn't be an issue, but leg room could be? At 48" and 6 years old she should be able to handle that ride by herself anyways.

Finally, you may be surprised what she'll want to ride. My previously mentioned niece is a little older than your niece but just hit 48" this season. As I said, she usually tags along with my wife, myself, mother in law and our kids. She was pretty excited about being tall enough to ride the big coasters, and said she wanted to ride The Beast right away. I was wondering if she's back off once I got her near the station and she could see the lift hill, but she rode it no fear, and as we were walking off, she asked me what the ride next to it was. I told her it was The Vortex, and she asked if we could ride that next. I asked her is she understood that it went in loops and she'd be going upside down, and she gave me that look that said "duh" while expressing no fear. So after dinner, we rode The Vortex. I was planning to break her in on th Racer, stunt job, flight deck, and Adventure Express, but she had different plans to attack the biggest and scariest off The Bat. The other day, we were all back at the park and she wanted to ride drop zone with my wife. I'm not even sure if you can ride that at 48" or if you have to be taller, but she was all set to ride it after dinner until my mother in law was telling her how her and father would never ride that thing, they're too scared of heights. At that point, she decided she was too scared to ride drop zone that. anyhoo, the point is, let her dictate what coasters she wants to ride if she doesn't know to be scared to ride The Beast or flip upside down on The Vortex, or free fall on drop zone, she may have no qualms about riding anything.

• Like 1