Does Kings Island need a New Wooden Roller Coaster?

TheBEASTunchained

Kings Island opened in 1972 with the wooden roller coaster that would revive the dream of wooden roller coasters in the United States, The Racer. Then In 1979, One of the greatest roller coasters ever built, The Beast was opened. In 2000, Kings Island opened the Tallest, Fastest, Most discussed at KIC, and Only looping wooden roller coaster, Son of Beast. And with that, Over the years Kings Island has been known for its wooden roller coasters, so.....

Do you think that its time that Kings Island gets a new Wooden Coaster?

What would the coaster be like?

What theming would be ideal?

And finally, Should they build another record breaker?

I don't think they need a wooden coaster, not at all, actually, but I would love a GCI. I've never been on one and they look like lots of fun. It would be 90' tall and would have one airtime hill but then the rest would be sharp turns and curves. I think it should be placed in Rivertown where The Crypt is and some further back, and the theme would be somehow related to Rivertown. And NO, it should not be a record breaker unless it's for some other record besides height and speed.

There not gonna build a new coaster for years,they cant even make up there minds on S.O.B for years now! Lets all get over new coasters and focus on flats,because its what were gonna be getting.This is my opinion and the suits that have spoken to me.I wish money and roller coasters grew on trees!

1. No, although a new WRC would be a great up to wooden rollercoaster enthusiasts

2. I would guess it would be on the line of The Beast concept, being The Beast was used for 3 coasters at KI ( Maybe the Ressurection/Return of SOB?). Being somewhat large in comparason of The Beast, going through dark tunnels, and having at least 1 double helix (rose bowl concept still stuck on the mind!).

3. Like the SOB concept, something of a nuclear/containment breach with the SOB back and ready to have its revenge on KI.

4. Would I want one, yes, but should they? No.

So to conclude, a woody would be loved, but not expected.

No, I don't think so. The Beast is fine. The Racer is fine. Son of Beast was a huge fail it seems. I don't see them investing in a new one. Also, it seems as if wooden coasters are not as smooth. I remember riding Son of Beast the first couple seasons it was open and it just felt like it was going to tear me apart. So no, I'm happy with the 2 wooden coasters we have now and don't really need a third.

There not gonna build a new coaster for years,they cant even make up there minds on S.O.B for years now! Lets all get over new coasters and focus on flats,because its what were gonna be getting.This is my opinion and the suits that have spoken to me.I wish money and roller coasters grew on trees!

Wasn't aware you had a crystal ball? I'd say we're more likely to get a new coaster some time soon than we would be to see anything done with Son of Beast besides have a wrecking ball hit it.

No suits have spoken to you.

• Like 1

Wasn't aware you had a crystal ball? I'd say we're more likely to get a new coaster some time soon than we would be to see anything done with Son of Beast besides have a wrecking ball hit it.

No suits have spoken to you.

I completely agree. He made it seem like he knows everything that gonna happen at Kings Island and when. And where could I find one of those crystal balls at? :D

Really again? You guys are so blind. All you have to do ask them questions in the park and they will tell you what they want to.I was told were not getting a new coaster for a long time. So What! Its not that big a deal.I was also told its no where in there budget to even think about a new coaster especially while S.o.B is sitting over there not operating.

I think your making it a bigger deal than what it is, it doesnt take a genius to know this without asking.CP is getting a new coaster,KI got one in 09,its gonna be a while till the next one at ki. I asked just to see what they would say,and i got what i figured.

None of this makes any sense. Cedar Point getting a new ride has nothing to do with Kings Island. Canada's Wonderland got a 25+ million dollar hyper in 2008, and this year they got a new gigacoaster that came with a price tag near 30 million dollars.

Like Gordon Bombay said, no 'suits' have talked to you.

Wow, this has become a sensitive subject. Why all the dislike for a new wooden coaster? I would love to see a new woodie in place of Son of Beast. I would personally like to see one similar to The Voyage.

If there was a new wooden coaster, all you guys would be excited and in line just like everyone else. I don't believe you guys would be sad to see a new coaster of any kind to find a home at Kings Island. I do not believe that a new wooden coaster has to be a record breaker, but it does have to entertain and of course draw a crowd.

I am "pro" Son of Beast, would love to see this thing fixed, but not sure if Cedar Fair is interested in this? (who knows?) If not, A great Gravity Group coaster would be just what the doctor ordered.

Let's throw this into the mix (as I sit and contemplate the fuzz in my bellybutton)....

How about moving that dipper thing, near Cleveland, to KI? It would be a nice, even addition for everybody.

• Like 5

Since a few of you are calling me a liar, let me just say i could care less what you think! I have a beautiful family,a wonderful home and a great paying job. I have absolutely no reason to lie about anything on here,it doesnt pay my bills or feed my family,im just telling you what i was told. They could have lied to me for all i know because they got plans for a new record breaking coaster and dont want it leaked?who knows,who cares! Im just telling you what i was told.

Since you could care less, you do care some. Unless you are just being careless and mean you couldn't care less. My guess is you do care some, or you wouldn't be responding.

It's always interesting, by the way, just who has no specific on topic comment about threads like this one.

Terp. just sayin'

• Like 5

I think your making it a bigger deal than what it is, it doesnt take a genius to know this without asking.CP is getting a new coaster,KI got one in 09,its gonna be a while till the next one at ki. I asked just to see what they would say,and i got what i figured.

None of this makes any sense. Cedar Point getting a new ride has nothing to do with Kings Island. Canada's Wonderland got a 25+ million dollar hyper in 2008, and this year they got a new gigacoaster that came with a price tag near 30 million dollars.

Like Gordon Bombay said, no 'suits' have talked to you.

Actually, the addition not quite South is consuming a large chunk of capitol, leaving not so much dinero por us. You see der point?

If you don't see the point, take this example: You have an outdated house, and there's a mighty list of things that need to be done (or want to be done, more accurately). Such things are replacing floors, painting walls, air ducts cleaned, and new appliances and counter tops in the kitchen. You knock off the appliances and counter tops in the kitchen off your list, but you don't have enough money to complete the floors, walls, and air ducts. You have to build up your capitol to make another purchase later. Get it?

THE CRYPT? I knew it. Anyways, back on topic, I would LOVE to see a GG, GCI, or a Plug-n-Play come to the park. It should go where SoB is now (the only reasonably sized piece of land in the park that could be used without ruining too much of an atmosphere).

Let me see if I understand: If I was to see Don, the park's PR person, or Greg, the park's General Manager and Vice President, walking in the park and I walked up to them and said, "What are your plans for SOB and why are you taking so long in your decision," that you expect me to believe they are going to confide in me Cedar Fair's most confidential information regarding the future plans for SOB? They are not going to say anything other than general bits of information that has already been released that they are still discussing all options and will announce when we decide on the course of action we will take. The discussions regarding future plans are very confidential limited to the upper management of Cedar Fair and any breech by any person would not be healthy for their career. People in high positions within any company would not be there if they could not be trusted. A prime example of secrecy was when the Empire State Building was being constructed. The builders were keeping the hight of the building secret so not to allow the Chrysler Building to beat them in having the tallest building in the world.

So no, I'm happy with the 2 wooden coasters we have now and don't really need a third.

Then what's Woodstock Express?

Sorry, I was unaware that you ride kiddy coasters. When I said 2 coasters, I was referring to The Racer and The Beast, I wasn't including the wooden coaster in kiddy land.