Does Kings Island need a New Wooden Roller Coaster?

TheBEASTunchained

JR, I'm going to be quite frank with you.

You're an all around moron who keeps looking for our enlightenment with ever post you make. This forum at its core is one of the better ones you see with a great community in comparison to many MANY other forums. People like you that bring their all mighty and all knowing presence just damper every topic they post their filth in honestly make me want to read less and less from this site, which is a shame because I have been part of it since 2005. Do me and my friends here on this site a huge favor; stop lying, being a snob, being all around disrespectful, and give us our right to make up our own minds and call you out as a liar if we see fit. Even in the VERY unlikely chance you are telling us the truth, if I were you I would read over what you post because a lot of it puts a bad taste in our mouths. Now I do not post things like this often (if ever, this is probably my first), but I want to continue enjoying my time on this site, so please, allow me to continue doing that! Thank you.

I'd love to see a custom Rocky Mountain Coaster in the park. I for one love wooden coasters and feel there are not enough of them being built anymore. I'd love to see this new generation of smooth wooden coasters get its big break in the industry!

• Like 6

So no, I'm happy with the 2 wooden coasters we have now and don't really need a third.

Then what's Woodstock Express?

Sorry, I was unaware that you ride kiddy coasters. When I said 2 coasters, I was referring to The Racer and The Beast, I wasn't including the wooden coaster in kiddy land.

Oh, really? Woodstock Express is just as much of a roller coaster as The Racer or Son of Beast is. Woodstock Express/The Beastie/Scooby Doo packs quite a punch for what it is. I had my friend ride it (he'd never been on it before) and he said that the drops were relatively fast for what it is. And he loved it. Woodstock Express and The Racer were the flagship attractions when the park opened. You shouldn't call anyone a baby for loving rides you think are lame, because we're allowed to have different opinions.

• Like 1

Yes, see my post (which you probably didn't care enough to read at all).

Yes I did read your post, but I just always considered The Beastie or "Woodstock Express" to be more of a kids coaster since it was located in kiddy land or what was then Hanna-Barbera land. I just never thought of coaster enthusiasts coming to KI and being all excited to ride the Woodstock. The Beastie was the first coaster I rode when I was a kid, because I was too short/scared to ride the bigger ones. So no, I never (personally) considered that coaster an adult coaster. Not saying that adults can't ride it, I have before, but when I think of "main" wooden coaster, I think more of the two bigger ones which would be The Racer and The Beast.

PS: Sorry if I offended anyone by saying that Woodstock Express was a kiddy coaster. I don't think anyone is a baby for riding it if they really like it. I ride what I like, you all are free to ride what you like too!

I'm not mad or offended. But the way you said it sounded like you were saying Woodstock was a terrible coaster. Sure it might be made for the younger audience, but it still packs a punch, even with adults.

I'm not mad or offended. But the way you said it sounded like you were saying Woodstock was a terrible coaster. Sure it might be made for the younger audience, but it still packs a punch, even with adults.

That's good, I wasn't mad either. I just made a comment about the 2 wooden coasters and got jumped on because I left out the Woodstock. I'm an adult who doesn't have any kids, so no, I don't really find my way back to that coaster at all, so it's not really one that I pay much much attention to. I remember loving it when I was a kid, but haven't really been on it much since. And since the topic of the post asks do we need another wooden coaster, I was assuming they were talking about another adult/extreme wooden coaster, so that's why I only mentioned the 2 that we have now...The Racer and The Beast. I wasn't trying to downplay the Woodstock by any means.

Technically, it was also made for an older audience, too! ;)

All's cool, Voicetek. You should really ride Woodstock in the front with your son or daughter (if you're old enough to have had a kid or two!), the feeling is amazing to see the joy on a childs face mixed in with a great ride.

EDIT- Just saw Voicetek's most recent post--you should try to remember to ride Woodstock Express next visit. You might be surprised with how fun it is!

There not gonna build a new coaster for years,they cant even make up there minds on S.O.B for years now! ... This is my opinion and the suits that have spoken to me.

even Don told me we wouldn't be getting a new coaster anytime soon

I asked Greg about SOB,and he never gave me any top secret information! He just basically said that the longer it sits there the more it doesnt look to good.

Jr - this is what has got you in trouble in this thread. Your first statement comes off as knowing a lot from a conversation with "suits". Then, you drop Don's name with the same no new coaster for years data. Finally, you state it was a quick answer from Greg saying "it doesn't look good for SoB" when posed with a question.

I beleive if you'd began with - saw Greg in the park the other day and asked him about SoB; he said it doesn't look good the longer it sits - you'd come across as more realistic. Instead your initial post came off as you trying to sound "insider-ish" with data that seems to be embellished.

• Like 1

All you have to do ask them questions in the park and they will tell you what they want to.

This is it, you asked them, they told you what they wanted to. Do you honestly think Don would tell a guest when and what the park will get?

You need to face the facts, don't beleive every word you hear.

Are we to expect that both Greg and Don would risk their careers by reveal very confidential plans regarding the future plans for SOB to a regular guest before they are ready? Would anybody ever be in a position of trust if they reveal confidential park data in the very competitive amusement park industry? If they wanted a record breaking coaster, why give their competitors a leg up so they can beat them to the record and the media interest it would create?

• Like 1

Back to Scooby Doo, Beastie, Farly Odd Coaster, Woodstock Express. The coaster rides on flanged wheels. The ride is very different than most PTC trains.

And at least one poster here traveled more than 800 miles one way and paid multi-hundreds of dollars to a charity to ride a so-called kiddie coaster which at the time could not otherwise be ridden by adults. A few years later the kids only restriction was lifted.

I never thought Id say this, but in light of personal thoughts about the way things have been handled in southwest Indiana concerning a certain #1 coaster, I would far prefer to see a GCI like Prowler come to KI than I would anything by GGI

Are you referring to the Timberliner delays on the Voyage?

And on another note, I didn't mean to start such a ruckus with the comment about Woodstock Express. :P I just wanted to make sure it gets the credit it deserves. As others have said, it's a fun ride for it's size, and I do try to ride it at least once per season. Speaking of which, I haven't done that this season yet....

There not gonna build a new coaster for years,they cant even make up there minds on S.O.B for years now! Lets all get over new coasters and focus on flats,because its what were gonna be getting.This is my opinion and the suits that have spoken to me.I wish money and roller coasters grew on trees!

You haven't talked to anyone. Stop your complaining. Were getting a new roller coaster that will be done by next week.

Trying to get back on topic here, no I don't think the park needs another wooden coaster. The Beast is still drawing large crowds 33 years, Racer is still quite popular, and so is Woodstock.

However, if done properly, another wooden coaster certainly couldn't hurt the park. Son of Beast was a lot of fun in its original form, but has been a big hassle for the park for much of its existence.

In the ratio of wood/steel, I do think we need another woddie. I am also making the assumption that we will never see SOB operate again. I do not think placing it in the same location as SOB is a good idea. That area can be used for a nice sized steel coaster. A new woodie needs to go elsewhere.